So right now I am in search for an amp for college, something I can play in my dorm, while being semi movable. I have been set on getting a 212 tube, and well anyways my question is the Fender Roc Pro 1000 Tube a good, bad amp. I play alot of metal, Children of Bodom, Lamb of God, All that remains type stuff. I have a bunch of pedals since I am comming off of a solid state randal half stack. But just wondering how good this amp is. Found one on cl for 160 with a cabinet for another 12, so it would be a 212 stacked. Anyways i asked because I was looking at a line 6 spider valve, with Strymon SVpre preamp and G12K-100 speakers. This guy is asking 500 which is a bit high for me, so I am looking for oppions
I was also looking into the fender cyber twin se, i have seen those go for around 500. But i am really interested in the Roc Pro 1000, since it is way under my price range, and all the reviews for it are for some reason in spanish
If you're looking to play metal, that amps not going to do it for you, nor is pretty much any other fender tube amp. The Roc Pro also is a hybrid with one preamp tube. Is your price range $500?
Get a Roland Micro Cube Combo Amp and plug your distortion pedal(s) in. Small and great practice amp!!!
Quote by tacobellman2007
Get a Roland Micro Cube Combo Amp and plug your distortion pedal(s) in. Small and great practice amp!!!

Myeah, you can. But pedals -> Modellers is generally a no-no for a decent tone.

Give us a budget TS. Also, will you be playing with a band?
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

if you will play with a band then your standard 5150/6505 reccomendations will apply, as most of your tone will come from the Preamp, which will sound fine at bedroom levels, but if you're not playing in a live setting then your standard Cube/Vyper suggestions apply.

edit: in the event that a cube will work, pedals will work fine, but 95% of the time you will find that pedals dont work too well with a modelling amp. in that case, the pedals give you Craigslist Power to trade and sell them for better stuff's, so it is not all in vain.
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
Last edited by boardsofcanada at May 21, 2010,
Budget is about 500 dollars, trying to stretch it by buying used gear, which hopefully will work out. And I am looking to be playing some smaller venues with the amp. The fender i could have sworn said tube, not pre tube, let me check that out. Might throw that away if its not all tube. Besides that are there any other amps
Do you guys think that the spider valve 212 for 500 with footpedal would be the route to go. Or are those still taking a noise dive in value
a spider valve for 500 is kinda iffy imo. spiders will continue taking a nosedive until the people that Acutally want to stick with them buy them from the people that find out that they dont want them. and by then the Modeling Amp market will have only improved....
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
Quote by bluestratplayer
There is a peavey 5150 2x12 combo on guitarcenter.com used gear for $479 right now

+1
I don't like them myself but it's the perfect amp for you and at that price how could you go wrong?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by bluestratplayer
There is a peavey 5150 2x12 combo on guitarcenter.com used gear for $479 right now

Haha! That's in villa park right? About 30 minutes from my house
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's