Hey guys,

I have been playing the bass for a few years now, and I was kind of wanting to do like a side project just for fun; write a few songs ect. however I'm just a bassist and a vocalist. I was thinking using like Fruity Loops for like a basic drum beat and maybe some electronic sound for like Lead. Basically I'm asking is there any way to do something solo for bass w/o it just being bass?

tldr; is there a way to do a solo project for bass.

SIDE NOTE: This is nothing professional by any means. So by project I mean an extension of a hobby XD
Last edited by greensmurf221 at May 21, 2010,
Me and a friend are thinking of starting something using piano as percussion and rhythm with a bass doing rhythm, melodies and maybe even leads. If that's any help.

Also look up the doom band OM.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Try writing a part for your music to be played on bass and use an octave pedal to raise it an octave. You could also try something like piccolo strings on a bass. You can get some great tones with them.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
I would use looping pedals. Lay down your bassline and get some drums in there, and then do the melody with the higher octave.

Our youth is fleeting;
Old age is just around the bend,
And I can't wait to go gray.

And I'll sit and wonder
Of every love that could've been
If I'd only thought of something charming to say.
Move between textures and diverse layers. This is regardless of loopers or a drum track. You could have a million instruments and still be sterile. Choose your notes and voicings, you can have very interesting song structures with just a bass. use pedal notes, pedals, delays, harmonics, anything you can.