Page 1 of 2
Hi UGers,

I thought I would post this thread - be it for good or bad response.
Whats really so good about Cannibal Corpse? I've listened to a few of their albums, and I can't really point out anything I particularly like. There are a few good riffs in their songs and such, but nothing more. I'm not saying I'm an expert, but if I'm talking about another metal band, eg Daath, Slipknot or DevilDriver, someone always rubbishs me and says "Thats not metal! Now Cannibal Corpse, thats metal". Well, actually Mr I'mright, I don't what else you classify Daath, Slipknot or DevilDriver or any other metal band as. Personally, I find Cannibal Corpse's music messy, lacking defenition. Really, the only attraction I can see in them is that they are so brutally opposed to most things we consider "nice". E.g. their crazy song titles and lyrics.

So forgive me if I'm wrong, I just thought I'd put it out there.

Post your opinions!

And just to make it clear, I'm talking about Metal bands as a whole, so don't be picky about Daath being Death Metal or something.

Clancy
Corpsegrinder's headbanging.
Quote by vagelier
Nothing is more arousing for girls than a man who claims that he doesn't have worms - and can prove it with conclusive evidence.

Black
Then
White are
All I see
In my infancy
Red and yellow then came to be
Reaching out to me.
Lets me see.
nothin COB thats metal for the new time period anyways or we can jump back to the classics and we all know who they are
They cum blud.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Why do people like horror films? They're basically a horror film in music form.

Also, a lot of their riffs are pretty nifty

All depends on what you like
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
Quote by ChucklesMginty
I think that's the smartest sentence with 'lol' at the end of it written ever.

Jeez and if you think Cannibal Corpse are messy or whatever try listening to Entombed.... It's kind of the point of death metal to be as brutal as possible, not to have a tight guitar sound.

.....not particularly. Check out Divine Heresy.
Quote by Clancy 13

Divine Heresy is not death metal, bud.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
hard sciences don't have correct and incorrect answers actually
1) Slipknot is too full of alternative crap and lack of skill to be metal. Don't even bother arguing this one. I will go on and on if you do.
Devildriver is a just a joke, musically and in general. Plus, they're more hard rock than metal.

2) Cannibal Corpse has been a HUGE influence on a lot of bands. They've brought a lot of interest to Death Metal. Their technical skill and songwriting has prolly advanced the subgenre of Death Metal a lot.

3) They freaking cum blood! You ever heard anyone on the forum go, "I CUM BLOOD"? That line is actually the title of a Cannibal Corpse song.

4) In order to truly understand what is and isn't Metal, you have to get away from alternative-tinged crap and start listening to Thrash, Death Metal, Black Metal, various forms of Progressive Metal, etc. Also, stay the HELL AWAY from anything with the word -"core" at the end. That is not metal and never will be.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at May 21, 2010,
Well you are bound to find people on here who will defend their own music tastes.
Couldn't help you personally, do not like them one tiny bit.
I stood before the glittery borders of new radius In search of the fabled city of mud and crushed velvet, What I found was a gutter where the love of entertainment Meets the lust for blood and demerits.
Priests of Sodom.....that is all
"We've known each other too long to be friends"
Quote by Clancy 13

The inbred bastard child of second-rate Cazares riffs and shit metalcore vocals? Why would you make anyone do that?
Last edited by webbtje at May 21, 2010,
Quote by webbtje
The inbred bastard child of second-rate Cazares riffs and shit metalcore vocals? Why would you make anyone do that?

Cuz some people are unable to distinguish good sound from bad. I wouldn't recommend this band myself. Although, they still are technically Death Metal.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Cuz some people are unable to distinguish good sound from bad. I wouldn't recommend this band myself. Although, they still are technically Death Metal.

Strict verse-chorus-verse with borderline pop-punk choruses and riffs that are just faster Fear Factory riffs? Sorry, but it takes more than blasting to make a band death metal.
Quote by webbtje
Strict verse-chorus-verse with borderline pop-punk choruses and riffs that are just faster Fear Factory riffs? Sorry, but it takes more than blasting to make a band death metal.

I said technically. I acknowledge they suck. Quite frankly, if I had my way, they're be thrown in the shitcan, along with a whole bunch of other bands.
Quote by webbtje
You could have picked one of their good songs.

PLAGUE LEADS TO DEATH

Well done Fisher, must have taken you ages to figure that one out.

It was between that, Carnivorous Swarm and Barbaric Bludgeonings. I never knew where to start with their older stuff
Quote by webbtje
You could have picked one of their good songs.

PLAGUE LEADS TO DEATH

Well done Fisher, must have taken you ages to figure that one out.

I'd feel uneasy posting a lot of their other stuff, since most of their album covers have gore, nudity or (more commonly) both at the same time.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
Quote by ChucklesMginty
I think that's the smartest sentence with 'lol' at the end of it written ever.

Jeez and if you think Cannibal Corpse are messy or whatever try listening to Entombed.... It's kind of the point of death metal to be as brutal as possible, not to have a tight guitar sound.

I find it amusing people haven't quite sorted that out in their heads yet.
I am me. Live with it.
Quote by da Bat
Priests of Sodom.....that is all

mhm
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
1) Slipknot is too full of alternative crap and lack of skill to be metal. Don't even bother arguing this one. I will go on and on if you do.
Devildriver is a just a joke, musically and in general. Plus, they're more hard rock than metal.

2) Cannibal Corpse has been a HUGE influence on a lot of bands. They've brought a lot of interest to Death Metal. Their technical skill and songwriting has prolly advanced the subgenre of Death Metal a lot.

3) They freaking cum blood! You ever heard anyone on the forum go, "I CUM BLOOD"? That line is actually the title of a Cannibal Corpse song.

4) In order to truly understand what is and isn't Metal, you have to get away from alternative-tinged crap and start listening to Thrash, Death Metal, Black Metal, various forms of Progressive Metal, etc. Also, stay the HELL AWAY from anything with the word -"core" at the end. That is not metal and never will be.

I wanted your opinion, not you being a dick. There's a difference.

1 i know that "I cum blood" is a song dude, like i said, i've heard most of their stuff.

2 i said i was describing the metal genre as a whole, so what do you do, you get into subgenre technicalities!

3 did i mention anything to do with -core? no. i respect your opinion, not your ego.
Personally I don't like them (The only Death Metal I listen to is Atheist and Death), but I guess people like gore and slasher movie lyrics
Well i personally do not like them, they are just good to annoy people
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Wrong, Jim Root is an awesome guitarist regardless of whether you like what he writes.

Wrong, there is no way that Devil Driver could be considered Hard Rock.

Bullshit, just because it isn't thrash, death or black metal doesn't mean it isn't metal. That's such a crap argument. It's basically becacuse you don't think it's br00t4lz enough to be metal.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
Wrong, Jim Root is an awesome guitarist regardless of whether you like what he writes.

Wrong, there is no way that Devil Driver could be considered Hard Rock.

Bullshit, just because it isn't thrash, death or black metal doesn't mean it isn't metal. That's such a crap argument. It's basically becacuse you don't think it's br00t4lz enough to be metal.

agreed! play AC/DC, quintessential hard rock band, then play DevilDriver.
similarities? no.
They're a great band, as in they're a very tight group of musicians, and if you deny that you're a moron.

Their songwriting ability however? Meh, in my opinion.

I think they're OK, I used to listen to them occasionally, but not so much now. They're a hell of a lot better than most death metal bands, but nowhere near as good as some.

Edit: TS, Slipknot sucks. What's so great about Slipknot? It's just a bunch of shouting and noise, and chugga chugga guitar riffs and whatever.
Last edited by Ninja Vampirate at May 21, 2010,
Quote by GoodnightHero
nothing.
take this to the shitty music forum.

i dunno i say Metallica, Ozzy and Maiden are metal. that stuff is just one or two dudes hitting the E string quickly while another makes random fills...

BUT subjective musical tastes is the moral of the story
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by bass-man9712

i dunno i say Metallica, Ozzy and Maiden are metal. that stuff is just one or two dudes hitting the E string quickly while another makes random fills...

BUT subjective musical tastes is the moral of the story

Also, the obligatory Frantic Disembowelment instrumental version which is posted in every Cannibal Corpse thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOb6JSQd-Qw

Yeah, these guys clearly can't play for shit...
Last edited by Ninja Vampirate at May 21, 2010,
Quote by Ninja Vampirate

Also, the obligatory Frantic Disembowelment instrumental version which is posted in every Cannibal Corpse thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOb6JSQd-Qw

Yeah, these guys clearly can't play for shit...

The most impressive thing about that is the fact they don't even look like they're trying
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by Ninja Vampirate
They're a great band, as in they're a very tight group of musicians, and if you deny that you're a moron.

Their songwriting ability however? Meh, in my opinion.

I think they're OK, I used to listen to them occasionally, but not so much now. They're a hell of a lot better than most death metal bands, but nowhere near as good as some.

Edit: TS, Slipknot sucks. What's so great about Slipknot? It's just a bunch of shouting and noise, and chugga chugga guitar riffs and whatever.

At least listen to a band before criticizing them. If you think ^that^ is what Slipknot is then you probably haven't listened to more than 30 seconds of a song on iTunes or something. They actually have cools licks and are all very good musicians individually. If you don't like them, that's fine, but there is talent in that band.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Quote by larrytheguitar
At least listen to a band before criticizing them. If you think ^that^ is what Slipknot is then you probably haven't listened to more than 30 seconds of a song on iTunes or something. They actually have cools licks and are all very good musicians individually. If you don't like them, that's fine, but there is talent in that band.

WOOOSH

That's the sound of the point of my post flying way over your head.
I personally love Cannibal Corpse, they're probably my second favorite band behind Black Dahlia Murder (I'm probably going to catch flak for that)

It's all relativism, a lot of my friends listen to this scenecore band "Asking Alexandria" and I can't see at all what makes them so good in other's eyes.

and on Slipknot, I've tried listening to something like 5 songs of theirs, and I really didn't see anything that makes them very talented. I mean no offence by this but with how much they market themselves now it feels like the second coming of ICP
Quote by dandoosh101
__|__
--------(_)--------
--

One lol Bomber for you
Greatest lol yet
Subjective is the most used word in this forum. I swear I see people using it like 400 times a day
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
What's so good about any band?