In another scandalous shift-swapping incident, The Virtuoso and I have traded places because he's got a pedicurist appointment today. So here's my lovely mix! I've been having a dig around various corners of the internet and found some nice bits and pieces. Hope you like

http://8tracks.com/duncang/love-songs-4-ron

Kruger - Our Cemetery Is Full Of Strangers
One of those songs that feels like the apocalypse. Swiss, as well.

Fester - Dream
This Norwegian band has been absolutely dominating my night time listening this year. Their debut was death metal but this one is some beautiful magical beast that I can't really describe. Mystifying stuff

Dorotha - Serpent Libido
These gents made just the one full length and promptly fucked off but this is fantastic stoof - a few of their members were in Catamenia during the Winternight Tragedies era, and you can sort of hear it; the same diatonic chord progressions and melodic style with a lot more bite. Also a great song name, don't you think?

Vomiturition - Sacred Tree The Pain
Another slightly baffling song name. Vomiturition were featured by Mr Psychopaffalaffafafueichvireit in his radio last week, but I didn't find that out till I'd already uploaded mine so I couldn't be arsed changing it. This is an excellent track from the excellent album A Leftover.

Marionette - In Spite
Every time I do a radio mix I'm tempted to put a Marionette track on just in case you guys decide to realise just how awesome they are, normally I think better of it but this song is just outrageously passionate. The mid section of this song is just one of the best things

Archaic Torse - Message To No One[It's Alexx], but I found this obscure gem when going on a journey for early 90s death metal, and they're pretty great.

A Mind Confused - Eternal Sleep
Ah jesus, generally amazing.

Internal Decay - The Anguish Of Twilight
Gettin' bored of writing descriptions, Internal Decay kick dicks

MAY 28 The Virtuoso
JUN 04 sg_man08
JUN 11 fumb duck
JUN 18 Scourge441
JUN 25 xChristgrindeRx
JUL 2 Cianyx
JUL 9 SeveredSurvival
JUL 16 Webbtje
JUL 23 ChemicalFire
JUL 30 RPExecutor
AUG 06 BlackSymphony6
AUG 13 LucasGtrGod
AUG 20 Annihislater
AUG 27 The WildChild
SEP 3 illuminatiano
SEP 10 Riffmast
SEP 17 we_built_a_tree
SEP 24 Contraband
OCT 01 Vermintide
OCT 08 severed-metal
OCT 15 Psychopathology
OCT 22 duncang
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Last edited by duncang at May 21, 2010,
Wonderful name, Duncan, I'll be sure to give it a listen once I'm on my real comp.

And Psychopathology did a mix? Fucking hell, I even sent him a PM to remind him that he forgot it. Dayum.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
Last edited by we_built_a_tree at May 21, 2010,
Man, I don't know any of those bands. I'll listen when I come back from my exam.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by we_built_a_tree
And Psychopathology did a mix? Fucking hell, I even sent him a PM to remind him that he forgot it. Dayum.

Fatfuck didn't sticky it. It's still on the first page though.
The start of that Fester song sounds a lot like an Anathema track, cant remember which one....first track wasnt my bag, but these Fester guys sound great! Sounds a bit like Stargazer.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
I'll listen to this because you included Vomiturition
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

Good to know I'm valued
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
That Vomiturition track is great, despite the name sounding like a new diet based on eating puke.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Awesome
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
Silly me, completely forgetting about this.

I will have a listen once I got some clothes on, the thought of me listening naked to music that Duncan has selected makes me feel strangely uncomfortable.

where is my mind

...would you love me?
All I can say is: HoF are better than sex.

Currently listening, I don't know what to make of the first song.

...would you love me?
crap, It's almost my turn
Quote by PwarDuex
your name is about as funny as a burning orphanage

10 listens, one proper response?

C'mon guys
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
People just don't understand you, Duncan.

However, this mix had some very solid stuff...My favourite song was the Kruger one, I know that makes it look like the one I listened to was the first one, but that's wrong. They reminded me of a heavier, more progressive death like Baroness.

I could edit in a proper response if you'd like.
That may stop the tears
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
You're making me sound like a douchebag now
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
Maybe you should be more of a douchebag about it, next time you see one of WBAT's posts, just laugh at it. Harshly.

Then maybe he'll try to earn your respect by copying you. Do it with everybody, surely eventually people will listen to your mix more often.

But ok, i'm home. I'll write for you. Leaving myself to blame, yeah. I'll write for you, I gave up everything.
I am confused and I am not sure if I'm happy about it
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
You should always be happy when you see my posts. If not for comedic value, at least for sheer sexy wexyness. I don't know if i'll be able to listen to it, my computer keeps going all missingno on me.
Kruger - Starts off very powerfully, reminds me a lot of Baroness. Very solid drumming, very intense music, in your face, not literally, but still there. I like the dual vocals with the cleans behind the growly vocals. Not even sure if they count as growls....Yelling I suppose. But like I said earlier, they remind me so much of Baroness, and are an absolute class band.

Fester - Honestly reminds me so heavily of Mortifera. Very somber, easy to listen to. Even has that out of no where distortion eh part. Except this song is a bit more unique, in the sense that it plays something a little faster placed. I was remembering this song at work, and it was very easy to remember. The almost whispering vocals are quite cool. Liked when it reverted back to it's clean part.

Dorotha - Odd name. Not too shabby material. The intro was awesome, didn't like the vocals. Reminded me too much of a melodeath band. I enjoy them a bit deeper, if you know what i'm saying. But it honestly wasn't that bad for those really high pitched vocals. The riffs were ok, not my favourite, but OK.

Vomiturition - Slowly making it's way the song was way off the sound from the others. Being so quiet I had to turn my speakers up. Vocals were absolute quality, riffing was ok, the leads were pretty badass though. Eerie stuff. I liked when it it escalated into a fully functional song, instead of having just a few riffs, and some drums..Progressed fairly nice, liked it.

Marionette - Scared me.

Archaic Torse - Hmm...So far just sounds like old school death metal, riffing/drumming wise. Then it goes into a thrash attack, or that borderline thrash deal like Master has. I don't think there's too much to comment on, just pretty thick stuff. See? I changed it because I was using solid too much. The solo seemed out of place, but that little quirky bits sounded awesome, although they were throughout the song.

A Mind Confused - Talk about this thread, huh?

Anyways...Slow, one note leads typically get my approval. They did in this song anyways, and the vocals were awesome. Vicious, but the riffs just didn't feel like they were there all the way. I felt they could've been a bit kind of, depressing. The blast beat part seemed out of place, and then it got a billion times better with that riff after the blast beats, and omg lol loved it.

Internal Decay - Fun stuff, fancy black metal i'm into. So this hit the nail on the head. The vocals were vicious as well, but better than our last song. Riffing is more suited to the song/vocals here, and I can't say I disliked it one bit. But, I didn't love it. Was good though.

Sava bien mon ami. (Accents excluded)
can someone take my place, i wont be able to have mine ready :/
Quote by PwarDuex
your name is about as funny as a burning orphanage

Updated:

JUN 11 MoogleRancha
JUN 18 Scourge441
JUN 25 xChristgrindeRx
JUL 2 Cianyx
JUL 9 SeveredSurvival
JUL 16 Webbtje
JUL 23 ChemicalFire