Hi,

I'm looking for an accurate tab for "One Too Many Mornings" by Bob Dylan.

Every tab that have found so far uses cowboy chords in standard tuning - but I am 90% certain the song is in open A tuning.

Could anyone please help?

Thank you

Tom
if you know that it is in open a tuning then transfer the "cowboy" standard tuning chords to open a
What I mean is,

The song is fingerpicked in what sounds like open A.

However, the "tabs" I've managed to find for the song around the internet are all just open chords in standard tuning to allow you to strum something that sounds similar to One Too Many Mornings.

I don't want to strum something that sounds similar to it, I want to fingerpick it exactly the way Bob did.

I could figure it out myself over time, but I was just wondering if anyone already knew it and could point me in the right direction.

Cheers
You know what irks me the most is when someone says they have to play a song exactly like so and so...... If you want to do that skip the guitar amnd put the cd on...same thing.... and even better you don't have to sing..... I am so sure (being sarcastic) here that if you didn't play it note for note that everyone in the world would point at you and state that you aren't playing it right... here's a tip for you... 99.9 % of the people out there could care less and know if you were playing it correctly or not... and they could also care less.....

My question to you is this .... Why must you be 100% correct in playing this song exactly like Dylan ?.... Just would like to know the reason.... Did Bob break a finger and needs you to sit behind the curtain on stage so he can pretend he is still playing the song....

I have never seen an Artist himself play the song the same way twice....

I think the tabs out there are sufficient and to me since you said you can figure it out then please do so and when you do please post it so the next person like you will be happy...

Have a great day.....
Quote by CZARZAN
You know what irks me the most is when someone says they have to play a song exactly like so and so...... If you want to do that skip the guitar amnd put the cd on...same thing.... and even better you don't have to sing..... I am so sure (being sarcastic) here that if you didn't play it note for note that everyone in the world would point at you and state that you aren't playing it right... here's a tip for you... 99.9 % of the people out there could care less and know if you were playing it correctly or not... and they could also care less.....

My question to you is this .... Why must you be 100% correct in playing this song exactly like Dylan ?.... Just would like to know the reason.... Did Bob break a finger and needs you to sit behind the curtain on stage so he can pretend he is still playing the song....

I have never seen an Artist himself play the song the same way twice....

I think the tabs out there are sufficient and to me since you said you can figure it out then please do so and when you do please post it so the next person like you will be happy...

Have a great day.....

Maybe he wants to play it exactly like Dylan because Dylan wrote the song. Maybe the Dylan version sounds the best to his ears. Maybe he has a music appreciation exam and the assignment is to play the song like Bob Dylan does. Asking for the fingerpicking patterns of a song is not an insane request...especially on a discussion forum about guitar tabs.

The phrase is "couldn't care less." Pet peeve of mine.
Cheers Duane.

CZARZAN,

I don't know if you're having a rough time at the minute, had a bit to drink, 'troll' the internet for kicks or you're just a genuine arsehole - but why does my question regarding guitar tabs, in a tab talk section, on a public guitar forum bother you so much?

The fact is that I enjoy fingerpicking and appreciate the complexity of fingerpicking over strumming. Bob Dylan's guitar work is outstanding and deserves to be played in the way it was intended to be played.

I'm the kind of guy who likes to lay back on the sofa with my guitar on my chest, playing beautiful music written by genius' - enjoying time to myself, relaxing after a hard day. I'm guessing this is common throughout the guitar community. I don't play for people, my guitar is mine and I will enjoy it as I please.

If you couldn't care less about playing a song correctly, instead choosing to bash out any old chords while screeching over the top of it, that's entirely your perogative. I, however, prefer to play well and relax with my guitar - and I'm sure that most people hee will agree that it's difficult to relax while plaing a song badly.

Anyway, thank you for your input on the thread.

Tom