I am playing Hendrix's version of All Along The Watchtower as a piece in my Contemporary Guitar: Solo exam. Does anybody know which model of the Crybaby Wah Wah pedal I can use for it in order to replicate the sound produced during the Wah Wah section.
Last edited by GoldenGuitar at May 21, 2010,
any of them. I have the GCB95 (the cheapest one) and its the best. Dont know why anyone would buy the $120 ones.
ESP LTD m400
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ Sanpera I
Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
ISP Decimator

"Dream big, and dare to fail. I dare you to do that." - James Hetfield, HoF Speech, 09
Quote by MidniteHaze
any of them. I have the GCB95 (the cheapest one) and its the best. Dont know why anyone would buy the $120 ones.

this man is speaking the truth. i have the 95 aswell

Ibanez S670FM
Ibanez Masa SX60
Roland Cube 60
CryBaby GCB 95
Ibanez GSR180 Bass

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
I don't even bother with the Crybabies, as my taste in wah sounds varies a lot. Personally, I'd go with the Ibanez WD-7, as it's very customizable. It's probably the most versatile wah PEDAL I've ever used (although things like the rackmounted Crybaby are more versatile).
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
I used to have one of the cheap Dunlop Crybabies and I hated it after a while. I'd avoid that. Vox make a few good models and some of the higher end Crybabies are well worth a look at. Or a late 80's/early 90's model from Dunlop.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Thanks for all the advice guys, I ended up buying the Dunlop Crybaby JH-1B. Which is the Jimi Hendrix signature model, because it was cheaper than the GCB-95. It worked great and sounded awesome.
Last edited by GoldenGuitar at May 23, 2010,