hello,

I'm going to buy a new guitar and I don't know which one to choose.. I want a gibson sg special faded worn cherry or a fender standard stratocaster HSS (lake placid blue maple). and the second thing is what kind of amp should I choose? a marshall or Fender. I want one around 300 euro's or maybe a little bit more ( so that will be like 360 in dollars or something).
I hope you guys can give me some good advice

Greetings,
Leon
Well, tell us what kind of thing you want to play. The general rule is that you'd use a Marshall amp for dirtier stuff and a Fender amp for cleaner stuff.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
I want to play al kinds of stuff :P But especially rock, punk, (maybe) metal.. I want to play for example blink 182, greenday and maybe stuff like AC/DC and other old stuff too.. and I know blink or plus 44 is totally different from AC/DC, Guns&Roses or Rolling stones.. But these are like the two ends of all I want to play:P I think you can call this more like the dirtier stuff or not?
you shouldnt tie yourself to those "known" brands without knowing anything about them
ESP Eclipse I CTM FR (KGC BRASS BLOCK + IronGear Blues Engine + Dirty Torque + BCS Wiring Kit
Jet City Fusion

Blackstar S1-104 EL34

Engl Standard 4x12 (V60's)

Korg PitchBlack
ZCAT Delay-Reverb
Snarling Dogs Whine-O-Wah
What does that suppose to mean and especially what can I do with a answer like that Beffy?:P
Let's say it a different way.. I just want to be able to play allot of stuff on my guitar/amp but especially Punk rock
Go for the marshall..
Schecter C-1+
Crestwood Strat Copy (Modded Single Humbucker)
OLP MM2
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Ampeg B25B
Ampeg SVT 15e
RCG Doubleneck #1
Isn't so that a Fender amp is better with a Fender guiar? or will the Marshall still kick the fenders amp ass?
read the forum rules and stickies at the top of the page.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.