OK so the other day i bought a snarling dogs addicted to wah fire bawl 2 (i know long name) foe ten dollars later to see its sold new on ebay for 125 it works and sounds GREAT clean but it lets out a hum when i put the amp to distortion or crunch do i need to use a sound gate or noise reducer or is their something that needs fixed on the wah pedal their is absolutely NO shops i can take it to here that i know of so id like to fix it myself any help is appreciated and its not the amp i have a hellbabe wah that works just fine and the wah that comes on the sanpera 2 (my amps a vyper 30) any help is much appreciated thanks
I must say goodbye because im gonna roam this mean ol highway till the day I die
gear
Fender stratocaster
stagg telecaster
peavey vyper 30
stagg acoustic
old classical nylon
Hell-Babe HB01
Blues Overdrive BO100
does it happen all the time or does it only happen when you have it on? when its on id have to say its just the wah altering your tone and the extra gain is just amplifying it but if it happens all the time maybe its bad wiring or unshielded
I think this is pretty normal for most wahs. Definitely true of mine.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
no it sounds perfect when its a clean tone but distorted it hums so using a noise reducer or something will that take away the hum??
I must say goodbye because im gonna roam this mean ol highway till the day I die
gear
Fender stratocaster
stagg telecaster
peavey vyper 30
stagg acoustic
old classical nylon
Hell-Babe HB01
Blues Overdrive BO100
I dunno, I just deal with it. Use lower gain settings when using wah.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
ok thanks
gear
Fender stratocaster
stagg telecaster
peavey vyper 30
stagg acoustic
old classical nylon
Hell-Babe HB01
Blues Overdrive BO100
Wahs are noisy sum bit. Is your wah inductor based? If it is, putting it near a power supply would add noise that would be amplified when using distortion.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
ok thanks that was it i had it plugged into the outlet that the amp was plugged into now it sounds great thanks so much
gear
Fender stratocaster
stagg telecaster
peavey vyper 30
stagg acoustic
old classical nylon
Hell-Babe HB01
Blues Overdrive BO100