So a giant R2D2 looking 22.5" Weber Smokey Mountain smoker showed up on my door step yesterday.

My first attempt at using the beast is going to be this Sunday and I'm going to try and smoke 6 racks of ribs on it.

Any one else in here old enough to know how to operate one of these type devices? Got photos, recipes, etc...?

Edit: That's not supposed to be BBW. I changed it in this post...not sure if it'll change the thread title...That's slightly embarassing.
I play guitar like a pirate with two hooks....so...uh...just call me Meathook! Yar!
Quote by xFilth
Scary typo .__.

*nod*

Very scary.
I play guitar like a pirate with two hooks....so...uh...just call me Meathook! Yar!
Dude, ****ing BBQ is so ****ing delicious. ****!

You just made me hungry as hell. I haven't had good ribs in a few months.
My girlfriend likes to smoke my meat.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

I love barbecues.

Fact.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by shattamakar
My girlfriend likes to smoke my meat.

I knew you and I had something in common.

The playground of the world

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Shred Head
What's with you yanks and burning food to a crisp?

Burning? Low and slow. 5 hours at about 225 makes it fixed just right.
I am a master of the BBQ. Seriously, I can cook ANYTHING.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Quote by El3ment380
Smoked meat tastes like crap to me.

Ur doing it wrong.
Misleading title is misleading.

hehe "Smoking meat", I thought it was about BJ's until I read the rest of it.
h'wat
I cannot fit into your skin.
I just had one and I'm not even Australian or anything.

Disclaimer: By reading the above post, you agree that El Hilliaro is legally and morally free from any responsiblity should any harm be incurred by said post.

Also, you agree that I'm awesome and own all your stuff now.
Quote by cokronk
So a giant R2D2 looking 22.5" Weber Smokey Mountain smoker showed up on my door step yesterday.

My first attempt at using the beast is going to be this Sunday and I'm going to try and smoke 6 racks of ribs on it.

Any one else in here old enough to know how to operate one of these type devices? Got photos, recipes, etc...?

Edit: That's not supposed to be BBW. I changed it in this post...not sure if it'll change the thread title...That's slightly embarassing.

lol, yes very scary thread title....
anyway i'm interested in some techniques as well, my wife and i bought a house, and the people that lived there before left a smoker in the garage, it's in tact, but i've never smoked anything and would like to try it out...

what to do???
I'M GONNA GIVE YOU A BAD CASE OF SOMEONE SHOT ME IN THE HEAD!!!
This thread & that vid has me craving BBQ.

.... I'm a vegetarian.
Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!
I've got pulled pork going right now. Should be done in two hours or so. Nothing beats barbecuing with a cooler of beer during the summer. Just have a homemade barrel grill, roommate made it at some point. Gets the job done.
Smoked meat is good, but personally I prefer direct flame. A nice thick steak, no seasonings or anything. Let that baby cook through a little bit, maybe five minutes, them throw it right over a burner going full blast so it becomes engulfed in fire. Do that to both sides for about a minute and you've got meat the way it was supposed to be. Charred on the outside, almost raw in the middle, and completely juicy and tender.

BRB, grilling.
We're only strays.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Smoked meat is good, but personally I prefer direct flame. A nice thick steak, no seasonings or anything. Let that baby cook through a little bit, maybe five minutes, them throw it right over a burner going full blast so it becomes engulfed in fire. Do that to both sides for about a minute and you've got meat the way it was supposed to be. Charred on the outside, almost raw in the middle, and completely juicy and tender.

BRB, grilling.

Raw pork isn't very healthy.

I fixed 7 racks on Sunday. 3 pork spares and 4 loins. took about 6 hours.
Since no one else is helping much...

I used to throw some huge parties that revolved around the smoker. Here are some tips.

1. Fill that mofo up with wood or charcoal before the first time you use it, light it and let it get good and hot for a few hours to burn off the factory glaze. Otherwise your meat will taste like plastic.
2. Dont ever ever ever use lighter fluid if you can avoid it. Newspaper or anything organic is much btter.
3. Particularly with a side-mounted smoker box, don't open the smoker up to check on it all the time. Temp drop will add hours to your cooking.
4. For pork, I love fruit wood - apple and cherry are the best.
5. If you're stacking up the meat, remember that fat drips down....so Pork over salmon might be ok, but salmon over pork = nasty.

My favorite recipe:
Buy a suckling pig and whole leg of lamb. Stab the lamb a bunch of times and in each stab put a clove of garlic. Do this a couple dozen times. Rub the lamb in rock salt and pepper and stuff it inside the pig.

Lace the pig closed.

Smoke with fruit wood for a long friggin' time - this one might take a day or a day and a half.

Pull when the lamb is medium rareish. The piggy should be all done.

Add sauce and enjoy.