When I'm singing It's almost like taking a big shit out of my mouth if that metaphor could be used (sensation wise)

It's uncomfortable like I'm trying to push something out that is not there.. just a very strained/tense feeling that's the best I can explain it and it very much limits me how would I go about fixing this up? My voice is avg at best atm.
The voice you have doesn't matter for this, it's just a technique problem.

First of all, you have to press your stomach, just like when you tell a friend to punch your "iron-strong abs". Press your stomach ALWAYS when singing.

The second tip, is a little more complicated. When you are eating something mint-flavored and you inhale by your mouth, you get the sensation that your throat is opening.

Now, try inhaling and get that sensation. Combine that feeling with the stomach pressing, and you are done.

Hope it helps, PM me if you need any help singing-wise.
Quote by Victory2134
You're just so energetic and cute. Exactly what I want in a pet squirrel, except you're a person.

I kindly ask you to correct my grammar. And also to smile.
Quote by NUMAS

First of all, you have to press your stomach, just like when you tell a friend to punch your "iron-strong abs". Press your stomach ALWAYS when singing.

Do NOT do this. This common idea is so unbelievably misled, it's almost repulsive. This is flat-out tension, and will make your tone even more strained. Plus, it becomes tiring very quickly. Just think about the logistics of this. Some people with great voices will do a two or three hour show. I can't think of anyone that can fully flex their abs for nearly that long.

Whoever first perpetuated the idea that one needs an inordinate amount of "support" from the diaphragm, I would love to hit squarely in the mouth. Diaphragmatic breathing only means that you are moving everything out of the way, so your lungs can expand more. Yeah, diaphragmatic breathing is important, but once you're breathing from your diaphragm, you're fine. It's just a way to retain more air, and to expel air with more control. Just because your diaphragm and abs are in somewhat the same place, does not mean that they are the same thing, nor does it imply that they effectively act in tandem with one another with regards to singing.

The only exception is if you're singing extreme metal, hardcore punk, thrash, etc. in which a strained, shouty sound is preferred.