okay, basically, i LOVE playing fast, i have accuracy and timing down, and ive got the important stuff out of the way, and i know a few songs that a very fast but im looking for some more, that are ridiculously fast and complex.

ive learned a few, but they are few and far between so i normally just write my own. any ideas?

thanks
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Are you looking for crazy ridiculous shredding speed or anything in particular?
Quote by KoenDercksen
I find the song "Universe Momentum" by Obscura pretty complex and fast. If you want anything really ****ing fast try BrainDrill or something

god i love braindrill
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Swing 42 by Django Reinhardt is nice jazz piece at 230 = Quarter note

There's a ton of awesome metal stuff that's pretty fast too
Quote by DiminishedFifth
Who's going to stop you? The music police?
Well, are we talking shred, death metal, jazz... there's a lot of choice.

Obviously, everything in the Fastest Guitarist thread is worth a go, plus the songs for technique in the GT forum.
Depends on how fast you can pick...faster tempo doesn't always = faster guitar playing. It depends what note value you are playing. You can have a slow tempo but if you are playing 32nd or 64th notes then it gets fast. Try playing Four on Six(202 bpm) by Wes Montgomery and see if you can improvise over those changes. Frantic Disembowelment by Cannibal Corpse comes to mind. Rude Mood by SRV is 256 bpm. Brent Mason's version of Sugarfoot Rag is fast and it is all picked no hammer-ons/pull-offs
MARTY FRIEDMAN--"It’s a lot easier to be technical than it is stylized; it really is... But I think it’s a lot more rare to have someone who’s really got their own sound because that’s something you can’t practice."
meh most of the examples were quarter notes...my cousin plays 16th notes and 32nd notes around 220 bpm...he can shred his ass off. I understand that they can play 16th notes over the quater note tempo but i wasn't blown away with the speed...eh...it was decent stuff i guess

my cousin is definitely hitting 16th note triplets at 200 bpm for sure...he has triplets for days...i told him he should just woo chicks with that...but he constantly is playing those 16th notes so its just continuous speed...not bursty
Last edited by PattyCakes at May 21, 2010,
Quote by pattycakes
i told him he should just woo chicks with that..

Where the hell are you from? All the breeders I know could care less about how fast you play.
MARTY FRIEDMAN--"It’s a lot easier to be technical than it is stylized; it really is... But I think it’s a lot more rare to have someone who’s really got their own sound because that’s something you can’t practice."
Pantera - F#cking hostile

if you can nail that note for note with the same inflections then you're good.
Quote by PattyCakes
meh most of the examples were quarter notes...my cousin plays 16th notes and 32nd notes around 220 bpm...he can shred his ass off. I understand that they can play 16th notes over the quater note tempo but i wasn't blown away with the speed...eh...it was decent stuff i guess

my cousin is definitely hitting 16th note triplets at 200 bpm for sure...he has triplets for days...i told him he should just woo chicks with that...but he constantly is playing those 16th notes so its just continuous speed...not bursty

my index finger can play steady quarter notes at 400 bpm on an upright bass. when girls see finger skills like that ... that's what woos 'em ...
#DTWD
Woo chicks with quarters on 400? Lol.... I need to meet those... the ones I know are more woo'd by a bassist doing NIN's Closer and some guitarist playing his heart out on... Hurt (hey z4)... or any Sisters of Mercy track... The women here don't like speedsters... its a sign of fast in fast out... thats possibly why not too many good hackers have gf's either
Quote by evolucian
Woo chicks with quarters on 400? Lol.... I need to meet those... the ones I know are more woo'd by a bassist doing NIN's Closer and some guitarist playing his heart out on... Hurt (hey z4)... or any Sisters of Mercy track... The women here don't like speedsters... its a sign of fast in fast out... thats possibly why not too many good hackers have gf's either

HA!!! I'm a jealous a-hole when it comes to playing fast. I like people who can play fast and I admire them for that. However, there seems to be a condescending attitude that if you can't play fast then your no good. I keep forgetting that as a guitarist it is more self-indulgent to want to play fast and technical. Your average listener doesn't really care about how fast your playing. This guitarist in a bar told me that he was playing neo-classical at an open mic and people didn't want to hear it, and then he added "damn hicks". I just laughed because cowboys don't care about what your playing anyways,...as long as they can dance with them breeders to it. Nowadays I find myself listening to guitarist who only play fast when they need to, not to show off. However,...I need to be able to play much faster then I can at the moment and I just have to realize that is gonna take some time.
Last edited by WesM.Vaughan at May 22, 2010,
Quote by evolucian

it was a joke about fingering skills ...
#DTWD
Quote by evolucian