so im currently in the market for a new amp (had to sell my main amp) and i just found an epi valve jr head for $40 on craigslist, i would have to get new tubes for it, and then get a cab for it after i save a bit of money up, so i was wondering if it was a good amp (for the price you cant beat it, but should i just save up and get something better?)

i play blues, classic rock, and a bit of metal (nothing too heavy and i dont play much metal)

i also jam with a drummer on occasion, would this amp be loud enough?
Quote by HateToWin
so im currently in the market for a new amp (had to sell my main amp) and i just found an epi valve jr head for $40 on craigslist, i would have to get new tubes for it, and then get a cab for it after i save a bit of money up, so i was wondering if it was a good amp (for the price you cant beat it, but should i just save up and get something better?)

i play blues, classic rock, and a bit of metal (nothing too heavy and i dont play much metal)

i also jam with a drummer on occasion, would this amp be loud enough?

Good amp for what you want, even better with a few simple mods. That price is fantastic. I would buy that in a second and I've already had two VJs. The only thing is its just a little dull on its own. A bit fizzy, pretty dark sounding, and not very clean just makes for an unimpressive amp, not bad just not really impressive. It takes pedals very well though. As for jamming with a drummer, not really. I run mine through a 4x12 and in order to keep up with a drummer I have to have it dimed, which means its really, really fizzy, at least when stock.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Looks like a good deal. You can reuse whatever cab you buy with other heads or combo later. $40 and the price of two tubes (may not need them) is a deal.