Hey, as some of you might remember I talked about getting myself an EC-1000 yesterday, and today I bought it!

I'm really happy with it so far. Its a Korean made Ltd EC-1000, with a Mahogny Neck as well as a Mahogny body, the fretboard is Ebony and it has 24 XJ Frets. Its a Set-neck, and the neck is very slim and smooth. I'm not really that good at describing neck-postures as I've owned a total of 2 guitars so far. I replaced the stock-strings with some Ernie Ball Skinny Top, Heavy Bottom .10-.52's as I wanted the guitar in D-standard.

It's got an EMG 81/60-combo, and I really enjoy the sound. Though atm I'm playing it through a Line 6 Spider III 75W (Which isnt mine btw, I would never buy it, ever. :p), so it's quite limited how good a tone I can get through it. I did try it at the shop though, through some different amps, Mesa/Boogie Single Rectifier, Peavy 6505 (If thats the right name, was something like that, anyway) and even a Roland 30W Cube, and the guitar sounds amazing through everything. I liked the cleans, as the tone was really nice and smooth, and the distortion sounded really heavy and crunchy, the way I like it. The reason I went guitar > amp is that I basically got such a good price for this, I had to buy it. I'll get myself an amp by the next 2 weeks. ^^

The neck is (as I quickly mentioned) smooth and really good to play on, I've been playing on a Fender Strat, and the neck is really not a good one for me, so getting this one was a huge boost for myself. Its quite fast, and the width suits my hands quite nice. The body is quite light which is great, 'cause I've been having some problems with my back lately. All in all I'd say its quite an awesome guitar, and I'm really happy with my purchase!

And then to the pictures;

Gear:
ESP Horizon II
LTD EC-1000
Ibanez MDB1

Morgan BC40
Koch Twintone II

Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

YouTube: more morons than Yahoo Answers and more hate than 4chan. It's the Internet's premier breeding ground of complete idiocy.
Last edited by Kergash at May 21, 2010,
lovin' the gold hardware...NGD
MY GEAR!

Indiana IE1-TSB Electric
Kay K-592 Acousitc
Washburn XS-2 Bass
Peavey VYPYR30 with Sanpera I footswitch
Jay Turser Acoustic Electric
Paul Reed Smith (PRS) Custom SE 24 Black Cherry

www.myspace.com/12goodomens
That looks great

but give it a good clean before you play it, looks like you might catch something off it lol

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
HNGD! EC-1000s are amazing
your color choice is top notch
Main Rig:
Peavey 6505+ head
Mesa Rectifier 412
Gibson Explorer w/mods
Ibanez 321mh
dude..... I'm trying so hard not to be jealous....

BUT I FAIL BIGTIME!!!!
That's F***ing sweet! Gratz with the HNGD!

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
Quote by Tom 1.0
That looks great

but give it a good clean before you play it, looks like you might catch something off it lol

Hahahah, sadly this is quite true. Gave it a good clean couple o' minutes ago. :p

Also; Thanks guys! ^^
Gear:
ESP Horizon II
LTD EC-1000
Ibanez MDB1

Morgan BC40
Koch Twintone II

Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

YouTube: more morons than Yahoo Answers and more hate than 4chan. It's the Internet's premier breeding ground of complete idiocy.