i am getting a mockingbird St soon

i am going to fit a d-tuna to it, the question is, will it work with dropped tunings
eg going from c# standard to drop b?
It will only work on a dive-only Floyd - not a floating set up. As long as you have that, it should allow you to drop the string a full step regardless of what tuning you're in.
Quote by timbit2006
The D-Tuna can only do drop-D.
Thus the "D" in the name.

I use one all the time going eb to db, and I used to use one going D to C with no problems.
Quote by s1874
i like my tremolos to be fully floating

Then don't bother, because it certainly won't work.

If you used a tremol-no or something like that, you could make it work.
Quote by s1874
if i done some extra routing would it work?

No, because it would throw all of the other strings out of tune when you used it, and probably wouldn't tune to D properly, either. If its divebomb only, then lowering a string won't affect the other strings. A floating trem would affect the other strings. You could put it on, but it would be less than useless.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by s1874
if i done some extra routing would it work?

It's not an issue of clearance. If your tremolo is floating, that means you have a balancing act going on between the strings and the tremolo springs. If you detune the e-string, it throws the balance off and the other 5 strings go out of tune as well.

If you have a dive-only set-up with the Floyd, the bridge cannot be pulled sharp when you loosen the E string.
Quote by smartalec007
No, because it would throw all of the other strings out of tune when you used it, and probably wouldn't tune to D properly, either. If its divebomb only, then lowering a string won't affect the other strings. A floating trem would affect the other strings. You could put it on, but it would be less than useless.

Simultaneous answer.
Quote by Metalhead_28

Simultaneous answer.

I bet he still won't listen/understand though.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ