I have a Squire Tele that a friend painted for me to look like Jimmy Page's Dragon Tele. She just used acrylic paint on the body then sealed it with some kind of sealer. Was only a few coats. How badly can that affect my tone?

Last night when playing an open mic night at the local hookah bar my guitar sounded like shit, but I don't know if its from the paint or the electricity in the place. I've had trouble with my amp sounding horrible there before. Depending on which electrical jack I plug my amp into it can sound good or bad, but it's never sounded so bad as it did last night?

So basically how bad can a few coats of acrylic paint on the front of my body affect my tone?
My Gear:
Fender '72 Tele Thinline Deluxe Reissue
Vox Night Train 15W
shouldn't do anything at all, resonance and sound quality has noting to do with the outside of the guitar otherwise if you put on a pickguard your guitar would change from the tone king to an annoying ring.
Maybe its the telecaster, squire's are pretty unreliable
the guitar usually sounds fine, except at this hookah bar where i play open mics. sometimes it sounds fine, but other times not. i think it might be some faulty wiring there. also ive played other guitars there through the same amp and had the same problems, but never had those problems elsewhere.
My Gear:
Vox Night Train 15W
just wanted to check if the painting would affect tone and make it even worse, like compounding problems
My Gear:
Vox Night Train 15W
Quote by Justin_43130
the guitar usually sounds fine, except at this hookah bar where i play open mics. sometimes it sounds fine, but other times not. i think it might be some faulty wiring there. also ive played other guitars there through the same amp and had the same problems, but never had those problems elsewhere.
Pretty straightforward and easy to make conclusions. I have inexpensive Squiers and they sound awesome through my various tube amps.