Poll: Wich amp would you recomand for music like Led Zeppelin?
Poll Options
View poll results: Wich amp would you recomand for music like Led Zeppelin?
VOX AC30
11 69%
VOX AC50CP2
4 25%
Other tube amp (I prefer VOX)
1 6%
Voters: 16.
hi guys,

I heard that the VOX AC30 has a better, brighter,... clean tone.
I have to chose between those two and mostely I play with a dirty crunch distorion sound(for bluesrock), so i don't need the perfectly clean tone that much.
the AC50CP2 is cheaper than the AC30. And they are both tube amps while the AC50 has a more WATT number.
So my question is...
What is the diference between those two that makes the AC50CP2 so much cheaper than the AC30?

Thanks for help
If you mostly want crunch and don't need clean cleans, then don't bother with a 2 channels amp, go with the AC30.
Last edited by Sguit at May 21, 2010,
Quote by Sguit
If you mostly want crunch and don't need clean cleans, then don't bother with a 2 channels amp, go with the AC30.

I need to be able to swith between clean and distorion, but i mean that the sound of the clean channel doesn't has to be ultimae perfection
Quote by skeaky
I need to be able to swith between clean and distorion, but i mean that the sound of the clean channel doesn't has to be ultimae perfection

ac50. it's a completely different beast from the ac30.

expect the poll results to be 100/1 in favor of the ac30.

not that the ac30 isn't a great amp, it is.

but for what you want to do i think the 50 would be better. i've played both, many times. i almost grabbed the ac50 at one point but sold it to a customer. i have this way of selling things i like a lot. it's part that i believe in the item and part i don't want to have it staring at me each day.
Last edited by gregs1020 at May 21, 2010,
Quote by skeaky

+

Good enough for Page, good enough for you.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by gregs1020
ac50. it's a completely different beast from the ac30.

expect the poll results to be 100/1 in favor of the ac30.

not that the ac30 isn't a great amp, it is.

but for what you want to do i think the 50 would be better. i've played both, many times. i almost grabbed the ac50 at one point but sold it to a customer. i have this way of selling things i like a lot. it's part that i believe in the item and part i don't want to have it staring at me each day.

tomorow i go to a music store, for more information.
What are the most important questions to know the most important thing about an amp?XD
Quote by skeaky
tomorow i go to a music store, for more information.
What are the most important questions to know the most important thing about an amp?XD

"can i play with this for a while?"

imo
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
Quote by skeaky

Use your volume knob. You lower it and play softer when you want cleans, and max it and play harder when you want crunch
honestly, ac30 is an amazing amplifier. the breakup is so rich, and when you turn down the vol. knob it's still slightly distorted, which sounds even BETTER!!! srsly, i love AC30 cleans as much as I love blackface cleans.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard