Page 1 of 2
I have been preparing for prom for the past couple of weeks. I got a date way out of my league and even cut my hair! Still, I forgot one important detail: DANCING. I can't dance at all. The only thing I can do is slow dance. I think I will look like a fool tonight. Any tips on how to reduce my embarrassment?
Just roll with it! Be funny, don't try to be something you're not. Noone is expecting you to be John Travolta out there, just go with the flow.

(I don't know any dancers other than John Travolta )
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
do the robot.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
Quote by Bleurgh
Stay at home fondling yourself and contemplating suicide.

I can't do that. For the first time ever, my dad is proud of me. He gave me a box of condoms.
Seriously, dude, just make a joke out of it. Nobody else at your high school prom can dance either, believe it or not.
keep it simple
If it's creative, true to your musical goal, and it sounds good, put it in the song.

1. Guitar, delay, verb, amp, and creativity.
2. Well-tuned acoustic piano and creativity.
3. A bottle of water.
Take a load of heroin before you go man, you'll dance awesomely and everyone loves a smackhead
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
It's all grinding...Stand there and move your hips with her. Then slow dance. Then repeat. I suck at dancing but it's pretty easy to follow if you have any sense of rhythm.

Quote by sticksause
I can't do that. For the first time ever, my dad is proud of me. He gave me a box of condoms.

And win. My dad bought me my first pack. Now I am on my own. Quite expensive. Savor them haha.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Last edited by Artemis Entreri at May 21, 2010,
Quote by sticksause

I jest. Just remember that pretty much every other guy there will be in the same boat as you. Just relax and have fun.

And use the condoms >_>
*parp*
just stay cool, keep your head high and move your legs a bit, then the arms will follow

don't be nervous , (looking around in all directions etc .)

good luck
keep movement to the time of the song. c'mon your a musician for gods sake.

(And don't get too handsy!)
Show her the condoms and go straight to the action! Trust me, buddyboy.
Well you don't actually dance in the classical sense....it's more of just grinding lol but that's still fun. Just keep a fun positive attitude and follow her hips. Go with the rhythm and you'll be fine.
yeah seriously grinding is ****ing easy. thats all you need to know, but if you want to have more fun you can dance like a jackass like i do. most songs they will play you can really only grind to though. the lindy hop is also a great technique
I thought all the kids were just grinding nowadays. if that happens tonight, just revert to your primal male instincts.
shake and convulse on the dance floor, worked for alot of guys.

you're thibnking about this kinda late, why didn't factor that in before?
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Oh and don't goof off or attempt to make fun of dancing. Everyone always avoids and is annoyed by those people. It draws the wrong kind of attention.

Also, if you're nervous or feel awkward, try going deeper into the crowd of people. It seems backwards, but you start to realize that no one's paying attention to you.
Dance w/ someone else's date. It'll end well.

Just kidding, I've never had a date to prom
Do the white man overbite:
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
it's all mostly grinding, slow dancing (swaying), and funny dance moves. have a good time and don't worry about it.
"take your form
be my fear, be my hope
be the indication
if i'm right or wrong

take your most dreadful form
and let it be known"
he provided assurance
Quote by Scruff17
Just jig. Or watch the Fresh Prince and get sime tips from Carlton.
This ^

Or the scadusher

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by sticksause
I have been preparing for prom for the past couple of weeks. I got a date way out of my league and even cut my hair! Still, I forgot one important detail: DANCING. I can't dance at all. The only thing I can do is slow dance. I think I will look like a fool tonight. Any tips on how to reduce my embarrassment?

Put the girl in front of you and hump her ass. Either she will slap you or grind you.
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
Quote by magick0108
few alcoholic drinks will help you forget any embarrassment

This
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
The Diglett never fails.
Get in a runners stance, one leg in front of the other, then move your hands in a stabbing motion toward the ground, while simultaneously making a t-bag motion.
Keeping it real since '92
Quote by magick0108
few alcoholic drinks will help you forget any embarrassment

and that is 9/10ths of the battle.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Quote by sticksause

Not much of an achievement right there.

But seriously, I wouldn't worry about it. If you just move around and act like your having fun, people will think you're cool. All anyone does is lift their arms into the air, flail them around and go, "Yeeeeeaaaahhh, boooooyyyy!". Don't think too hard about it, and just do what everyone else does.

Quote by Blackwaterson89
Put the girl in front of you and hump her ass. Either she will slap you or grind you.

EDIT: This is what I meant when I said "Do what everyone else does." Or you could just learn to dance like Donald O' Connor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW02c5UNGl0
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
Last edited by pitobodies at May 21, 2010,
What is it with proms that make certain people nervous? In my country is not too much of a big deal. We just go there and have a good time without having any worries
I do not want to have a signature anymore.
skank, and look very silly
aka justmixit106

___∕TT˥__╦
╘─ʘ──ʘ─╜
vroom vroom
Quote by ska-dude182
skank, and look very silly

Tried it briefly at mine, doesn't go over too well at prom

Nah, you gotta do this.

Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
act like the coolest jackass ever....and simulate john travolta in pulp fiction.....you'll win the dancing competition....

....wait
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.
if the dancefloors full you'll be fine
also a few alcoholic beverages will make you more comfortable

Page 1 of 2