http://www.myspace.com/theserpentinquisitor

I reckon these lads will go down very well round here. Kind of sounds like Absu's last album mixed with Blessed Are The Sick, but with a clear production and about 23 time changes per song. Excellently written stuff here. Those expecting Odious Mortem-style technical death metal - sorry to disappoint, just I didnt know how to describe them, haha.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
This is really good... thank you.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
I remember reading about this somwehre. Good band though
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Big Atheist influence with the basswork...gotta love these bands that bring so much more to the table, arrangement-wise. Ex-members of Portal, Martire, and Misery's Omen in there too.
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
Last edited by Stranglehold at May 21, 2010,
Bumpedy-bump for greatness!
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
They seem alright, nothing memorable although at least whilst listening to it it sounds good - thus is better than every other Tech Death band I have found since Cryptopsy or Necrophagist.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
They arent 'tech death'. I really shouldnt have put that down in the title. They just play black/death metal in the style of Absu and Morbid Angel, with long, flowing songs with odd time changes.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
The Arghoslent split? Tell ya what man, youd be handier getting their 'Occidentale Magick' compilation - has all their split/ep material on one cd. Apart from the one with Sacriphyx of course.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Last edited by Stranglehold at May 27, 2010,
Quote by Stranglehold
The Arghoslent split? Tell ya what man, youd be handier getting their 'Occidentale Magick' compilation - has all their split/ep material on one cd. Apart from the one with Sacriphyx of course.

Righto, thanks man.
http://www.profoundlorerecords.com/mp3/SgazerPassing_Stone.mp3

New track up...cant wait for the album! Also, 'The Scream That Tore The Sky' is being reissued on vinyl for anyone interested.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Listening to Darkest Nether From. I must say, these guys have no problem sounding inspired in the midst of all these new generic death metal bands, and they're great at keeping me attentive to the riffs. I'm going to keep these guys in mind for sure.
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

Quote by linfield4466
Listening to Darkest Nether From. I must say, these guys have no problem sounding inspired in the midst of all these new generic death metal bands, and they're great at keeping me attentive to the riffs. I'm going to keep these guys in mind for sure.

Make sure you do man...members in Portal, Misery's Omen, Martire, Cauldron Black Ram and the likes, as far as I know. Like Atheist, Absu, and Morbid Angel fighting for the last bit of beef. Stellar band!
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Quote by Stranglehold
Make sure you do man...members in Portal, Misery's Omen, Martire, Cauldron Black Ram and the likes, as far as I know. Like Atheist, Absu, and Morbid Angel fighting for the last bit of beef. Stellar band!

Quite so

>>
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

Great, Strangles uses stellar too? Now i'm going to have to find a new word.

This band is fantastical.

(See what you've done? )
Well I mean, Steller has to do with stars, and the band's name is Stargazer, so it's like a pun ya?
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

Yes, Lin. I understand that. I also came into post that their split with Invocation was cosmic, and stellar.
the new track "Hue Man King" on their myspace is up and it sounds great. But the sound quality is so shit because of myspace. New album comes out in a few days, excited.
Technical death metal from Auschwitz? GEVOLT!
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
new album is really good. Pypes of Psychosomatis is a killer track.
Whered you pick it up?
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Quote by Stranglehold
Whered you pick it up?

Downloaded it.
Anyone else hear the new album yet?? Im waiting on my christmas pay packet to get it...
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Way too many stellar threads are ignored. This is phenomenal stuff.

Good on ya, Strangles.

This is why you have some of the best taste around here, in my eyes anyway.
Philosophy > Life
Cheers man! Appreciated. I only let on that I listen to these bands really..... I cant have people finding out that I regularly enjoy 'Heretic', 'Shout At The Devil' and 80s Rush
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
^ Well...I like one of those anyway

Care to take a shot?

But you've been more honest lately, such as revealing your love for Danzig and Portishead...
Philosophy > Life
I never hid my love for either bands... killer stuffs, Ive listened to Portishead for about 6 years! Theres nothing at all that I listen to that Id be ashamed of, its moreso albums from bands that everyone seems to hate but I love...
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Haha, I know what you mean. I tend to like some alleged "shit" albums myself.

Why be ashamed though? I don't get why people hide stuff like that...

80s Rush = 70s Rush in my eyes anyway
Philosophy > Life
Quote by Stranglehold
Anyone else hear the new album yet?? Im waiting on my christmas pay packet to get it...

New album is FANTASTIC. Better than the debut I would say. You'll love it.
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
This stuff is pretty cool actually, i definately get the Absu vibe from it.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Ah, finally non-wanky tech death done right. Keeping the melodies strong without sacrificing an ounce of heaviness, just like it's supposed to be done.

Also, this band have some of the best instrumental interplay I've heard recently - the bass player in particular is downright mental. Could very well ditch the vocals altogether.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
I've youtubed these guys a few times, and I know I liked their more organic sound (than most tech death has anyways)... but I have no idea why I haven't tried checking them out more properly. Must have forgotten... I shall make a mental note.

Also, I don't know if you're serious about dithing the vocals altogheter thar^, but I partly agree because I've never been the biggest fan of black metal-ish vocals. But at least there's some variety with the vox...
My point being: they could very well make music that's just as interesting sans vocals. They do however suit the music, I think.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
Aye, I got that, and I agree with both your points, but I personally tend to have difficulties getting into blackened stuff mostly because of the vocals. It might be a matter of growing into them, but I doubt it because it's been like that for years.