I honest to god tried searching and ive been searching through the forums for days.

Im trying to record through DI(direct injection). Guitar straight to my M-audio fast track pro. Quality is fine everything is nice except the fact that the guitar sound is way too bassy. What do you guys recommend i do? Its bassy before applying any effects. IS this something i can EQ or what?
Quote by greendayguitar
. My drmmer is always like "Man, write something crazy that goes like REEEEE REE REE RE RE RE REEEEEEEEE DOLOWOLOLDOLDOWLWOWJRFDSJKAGLDSAGJKDSAHFJKDSAHGFJDSAHGL... You know?"

torrentleech invite please
What amp modeling software are you using? You should be able to EQ your guitar in there.

If you're going DI from an amp, you could put a LPF on your track and use that to roll off some bass.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Have you tried lowering the guitar's volume a bit? (volume knob on guitar) that's what i have to do when line in to my pc.
Well lowering the guitar volume did help a BIT but still.

It's not really bassy i guess that was a wrong use of words.

I play alot of riffs such as

|---------------
|----------------
|-------------------
|------------------
|----------7---8--9---
|0-0-0-0---0--0---0

You know what i mean where its basically palm muting the root note as i hit other notes on different strngs. Anyhoo, when i hit said notes it sounds like im playing a banjo by how strongly plucked they sound. It sounds like i need to deaden the sound somewhat, its too PLUCK PLUCK .

God, im sorry for not explaining things properly hope you catch my drift.

as for

what amp software, i have amplitube and i ve been trying some free ones. EQing barely helps it, it just barely conceals the issue.
Quote by greendayguitar
. My drmmer is always like "Man, write something crazy that goes like REEEEE REE REE RE RE RE REEEEEEEEE DOLOWOLOLDOLDOWLWOWJRFDSJKAGLDSAGJKDSAHFJKDSAHGFJDSAHGL... You know?"

torrentleech invite please
Well don't have any other suggestions, when I play through my amp i am almost always full tone/volume, or near. Going DI into PC etc I roll back the tone/volume knobs a bit. Just enough to take the edge off, and clear out unwanted noise such as the plucking.