Page 1 of 2
Guess what I just found!

You will NEVER guess! I have just found a WOODEN PICK!

It is awesome! I really want it but I have no money for 3 days!!!! I am frustrated about that because it may have sold by then!!!

Here it is:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Beautiful-Rare-Handcrafted-Holly-Wood-Pick-Plectrum-/270582450557?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item3efff8897d#ht_500wt_1182

This one even has some indent for your finger! I bet it sounds amazing!

I have never seen one like this before EVER!

I really want to buy it!
Apple Macintosh

Fender Stratocaster Highway one HSS USA

Marshall DSL50 British green
Groovy. I know of turtle shell ones, meteor ones and (mammoth) ivory ones, but never wood.

Not sure if want, to be honest.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
I love it! It has all the indents for your fingers! Indent for fingers = Comfort!
Apple Macintosh

Wouldn't the guitar strings just eat away at it like a wood plane? I don't want wood chippings and sawdust all over my guitar.

Disclaimer: By reading the above post, you agree that El Hilliaro is legally and morally free from any responsiblity should any harm be incurred by said post.

Also, you agree that I'm awesome and own all your stuff now.
Quote by --ESTRANGED--
£7.99?! ****ing what?!

Dude it's handmade - must of took hours!
Apple Macintosh

Quote by El Hilliaro
Wouldn't the guitar strings just eat away at it like a wood plane? I don't want wood chippings and sawdust all over my guitar.

I highly doubt it as holly is a very hard wood, so I guess not.
Apple Macintosh

I was gonna buy it to piss you off but as it goes I have no money in my bank either lol.
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
Quote by Macintoshmaster
Dude it's handmade - must of took hours!

Make your own, or buy a plastic one with indents that there are thousands of.

Indents aren't even that comfy as everyone has different fingers and holds the pick differently.
Quote by Mudhippy2011
Advertising?

If the pick was mine then yes (I wish it was), but as it is someone else's then not really - I just am posting it here as I have never seen one.
Apple Macintosh

Quote by Macintoshmaster
Guess what I just found!

You will NEVER guess! I have just found a WOODEN PICK!

It is awesome! I really want it but I have no money for 3 days!!!! I am frustrated about that because it may have sold by then!!!

Here it is:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Beautiful-Rare-Handcrafted-Holly-Wood-Pick-Plectrum-/270582450557?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item3efff8897d#ht_500wt_1182

This one even has some indent for your finger! I bet it sounds amazing!

I have never seen one like this before EVER!

I really want to buy it!

Ok....

This is obviously the guy that's selling these on eBay, advertising his shit. Blatant promotion of the product + laughable excuse that you can't buy it because you don't have 8 pounds made it obvious dude.
Quote by stringsquealer
dude you have a razorback explosion?!?!
im so jealous

Quote by Kyle.E
Munky has a reason. A reason to live. *applauds*

Rare treasure.... being sold before going into production. Hmmmm, if something is going into "production", it ain't gonna be so rare after the first million are made "in production."

I'll bet the tone is friggin' awesome... Kind of like the tone produced by a pack of 10 Fender Heavy picks for $5.
okay i actually bought some of these: 5 for £15. to be honest, they are ABSOLUTELY worth it. they sound AMAZING. they have a wax coating and are treated to last longer. they arenot for metal, most ideally, jazz and acoustic stuff. even then, they start to wear. a company called Timer Tones distibutes them for £3.99 each. for making them homemade, a wooden bookmark is good if ou just cut it up with a blade.

they are designed for recording sessions really.

the best woods are: zebrawood, coconut, liginum vitae and african mahogany.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Last edited by Banjocal at May 21, 2010,
Quote by munkymanmatt
Ok....

This is obviously the guy that's selling these on eBay, advertising his shit. Blatant promotion of the product + laughable excuse that you can't buy it because you don't have 8 pounds made it obvious dude.

It's mine is it? I am not even old enough to have an ebay account and the paypal account isn't mine!

I am allowed to post something that I have never seen before! I have seen wooden ones but not with a indent.
Apple Macintosh

Quote by Banjocal
okay i actually bought some of these: 5 for £15. to be honest, they are ABSOLUTELY worth it. they sound AMAZING. they have a wax coating and are treated to last longer. they arenot for metal, most ideally, jazz and acoustic stuff. even then, they start to wear. a company called Timer Tones distibutes them for £3.99 each. for making them homemade, a wooden bookmark is good if ou just cut it up with a blade.

they are designed for recording sessions really.

How about an old popsicle stick cut to size? Heck, it even has the coating on it - day old vanilla icecream from yesterday.
Quote by Macintoshmaster
It's mine is it? I am not even old enough to have an ebay account and the paypal account isn't mine!

I am allowed to post something that I have never seen before! I have seen wooden ones but not with a indent.

How the hell do we know how old you are?
It just seems a bit too... convenient for the seller.
Also the fact that you posted in the pit (most traffic) vs the GG+A forum (the place you should have posted this) only supports my thoughts...
Quote by stringsquealer
im so jealous

Quote by Kyle.E

I have a pick made of stone I found on the ground once. I still have it, years later. It actually sounds pretty good. I don't think I have a wooden pick though.
Wouldn't that just break really fast?
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by smartalec007
Wouldn't that just break really fast?

I thought that but after a bit of research I found out that holly is a hard wood so probably not
Apple Macintosh

Instead you should buy an agate or amber pick, the sound quality is great.
Canada, the world's greatest contributor of nothing.

Music is like candy, you have to throw away the rappers.

Ireland
Quote by Lttl2evil
Instead you should buy an agate or amber pick, the sound quality is great.

I don't think that stone would give the same sound as wood - wood would a smoother warmer sound as stone, would that give a harder sound than metal?
Apple Macintosh

Interesting, I never knew they made picks out of wood.

But ill just stick with my tortex.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
I bet would would be better than the standard plastic as wood has more tonal qualities - although that isn't the best way to look at it, the best way is that wood gives a different sound, I believe it will give a fatter, warmer and smoother sound, which I guess jazz guitarists could prefer these over a plastic one...
Apple Macintosh

Quote by captaincrunk
And you've tried this yourself?

No not this exact one but a different one that my teacher has - just a simple 2D one and it sounds better that plastic IMO but this one looks better as it has finger indents and look all tapered, so it has a lot of shape by the looks of it. Also, it looks easier to play as it has lots of shape. I bet it has TONE!
Apple Macintosh

Last edited by Macintoshmaster at May 21, 2010,
Quote by GRiMM94
I have a pick made of stone I found on the ground once. I still have it, years later. It actually sounds pretty good. I don't think I have a wooden pick though.

huh, sounds interesting, how'd you do it?

Anyways, 7.99 for a wood pick = ripoff. I could make a couple picks that are the same for a couple bucks and a trip to home depo, or the local hardwood store.

Quote by SlayingDragons
huh, sounds interesting, how'd you do it?

Anyways, 7.99 for a wood pick = ripoff. I could make a couple picks that are the same for a couple bucks and a trip to home depo, or the local hardwood store.

7.99 rip off? It must of took ages to make it and put all the shape into it - I guess it's just for pro's who seek ultimate tone. And you could make one as good as this? It's made by a craftsman. I really like it anyway. I like it as there is lots of shape in it and the finger indents etc... Looks like there has been lots of work put into it.
Apple Macintosh

Quote by Macintoshmaster
I bet would would be better than the standard plastic as wood has more tonal qualities - although that isn't the best way to look at it, the best way is that wood gives a different sound, I believe it will give a fatter, warmer and smoother sound, which I guess jazz guitarists could prefer these over a plastic one...

Quote by Macintoshmaster
No not this exact one but a different one that my teacher has - just a simple 2D one and it sounds better that plastic IMO but this one looks better as it has finger indents and look all tapered, so it has a lot of shape by the looks of it. Also, it looks easier to play as it has lots of shape. I bet it has TONE!

Quote by Macintoshmaster
7.99 rip off? It must of took ages to make it and put all the shape into it - I guess it's just for pro's who seek ultimate tone. And you could make one as good as this? It's made by a craftsman. I really like it anyway. I like it as there is lots of shape in it and the finger indents etc... Looks like there has been lots of work put into it.

Ok, now I'm absolutely sure this is advertising. Even if it's not, it's in the wrong forum.

*reported*
Quote by stringsquealer
im so jealous

Quote by Kyle.E

Quote by Macintoshmaster

A craftsman? It's a piece of wood, shaped into a pick. It doesn't take much skill to make.

SlayingEdit:

And yes. Yes, I could make one just as good as that.

You act as if it's some kind of magnificent sculpture, carefully crafted over the coarse of decades, by an extremely dedicated artist.

And it wouldn't take "ages," maybe an hour or two, at absolute most.
Last edited by SlayingDragons at May 21, 2010,
Quote by munkymanmatt
Ok, now I'm absolutely sure this is advertising. Even if it's not, it's in the wrong forum.

*reported*

Really? Sorry for sharing my opinion! I just like it, just saying...
Apple Macintosh

Quote by Macintoshmaster

Seriously? I could make 1 in ten minutes. Just simply need thin wood, cut it out to shape and then sand it down. Not that hard.
Page 1 of 2