Alright, so this is kind of unorthodox, but I have a peavey valveking 100W head, and a fender showman cab, and I was thinking about visually customizing them.

Now, starting with the head. The tolex is fine, so I wouldn't be doing anything with that, but I was thinking of taking off the front grill, and replacing it with a piece of plexiglass that I would etch a design into. I wanted to place led lights inside also so that when I powered on the amp, it would make the etched area a color, but the rest of the plexiglass would be unaffected. It seems as if the leds would have to be placed on either side of the head but I'm not 100% positive of how to go about doing this. Here is a picture to get an idea of what I'm talking about...

(Invalid img)

also is there a way to make your tubes glow a different color, such as this... ?

(Invalid img)

And as far as the cabinet goes, I bought it used and it's been beat to hell and back, and has even been painted over. It looks like total shit, but honestly, it sounds really good. Could somebody walk me through the re-tolexing process, and maybe give me a quote on how much it will cost to re-tolex a 4x12 cab. That's including a new grill cloth too...

Thanks in advance!
Keeping it heavy since '92.
You can just take a router with an adjustable base and fix the depth you'd like to use for the design.

To make tubes glow a certain color, you can mount a 3mm LED in the socket, make sure you're PT can handle whatever current you're sinking through them though.

Google tolex tutorials, we may even have one in the essential threads thread that's stickied.
I'm going to have to ask you to dumb that down for me. I'm pretty good with my hands, but I have no clue about technical terms when it comes to things like this, so if you'd please rephrase that for me I'd be grateful.

And if you would put led's in the tube sockets, wouldn't that be a bad thing...
if you want leds id just by a led adhesive strip and a controller i did with mine and i can make my amp glow any color i want or sycle through or pulse with the sound and change colour with frequencies
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Quote by selkies
if you want leds id just by a led adhesive strip and a controller i did with mine and i can make my amp glow any color i want or sycle through or pulse with the sound and change colour with frequencies

Where could I find one?
Use a plunge router and route out the plastic to the design, you only need to really rough up the edges to get a good design to glow, it's just easier to get reliable results with a router versus say, a knife and sandpaper.

You mount them in the bottom of the socket, using a superglue if you'd like, if the tube has a key it wouldn't work, but for preamp tubes it should work nicely. LEDs require excess current, make sure any current you use from your PT, that it's rated for more, an extra 20mA from the 6.3v heaters won't hurt too much, but you'd have to look into that for you're specific amp and power transformer (PT)

And remember, safety first http://www.aikenamps.com/SafetyTips.html

Check the sticky at the top of the GB&C forum, and see if there is a tutorial on tolexing, and remember to search on google.