Hey,
so i've just paid for the Marshall Silver Jubilee 2554 1x12 V30 combo ,

I've never dealt with pedals and stuff like that before, what would be a nice addition to the Marshall ( needless to say i play GnR)

I was thinking of a MXR 10 band as slash uses one for a mid boost or just a solo boost.

Probably would get a Wah pedal later on,
Can you recommend me something? Is there any good multieffects pedal so i wouldn't have to buy everything separately ( reverb, delay , chorus )
Last edited by Goodnighttnight at May 21, 2010,
Well I would definitely advise staying away from cheap multi units or you'll be wasting all the money you spent on a great amp. (cheap single pedals as well, but multis tend to be where people spring for junk).

EDIT: perhaps take a look at the TC Electronics Nova System, Line 6 M13/M9, and Line 6 X3, in that order.
Last edited by josephde at May 21, 2010,
Quote by Goodnighttnight
Opinions on Vox Tonelab ST / Line 6 Floor pod Plus ?

They're decent, but IMO it'd be blasphemy to run them in front of a silver jubilee. What effects do you even want/need? You're probably only looking for one or 2, and you could get really high quality ones instead of getting a multi that has a bunch of effects but most sound bad
Well i liked the MXR 10 band as a tone shaping tool, and a Wah + delay is probably all i'd need. But if i can get some multieffects pedal that will do wah + delay and many other effects under for less money, why not ?
Quote by Goodnighttnight
Well i liked the MXR 10 band as a tone shaping tool, and a Wah + delay is probably all i'd need. But if i can get some multieffects pedal that will do wah + delay and many other effects under for less money, why not ?

Because unless you're willing to dish out 4-500 for a good one, it'll be feeding your amp a cruddy signal and the effects won't be great. And with a multi you can't put some effects before the amp and some in the effects loop, which you'd want to do with effects like delay, and possible the EQ. They either all have to go before, or all in the loop.

For that price you could get a great EQ, wah, and delay which will allow your amp to shine, and the effects will be much higher quality. Plus you'll have flexibility in the order they go in and whether they're in the loop. (The M13/M9 does allow you to change the order, but that's the only one I know of...)
a 4x12 with vintage 30s. then get another jub with another 4x12 for stereo jubs!

btw, grats on the amp man, i know u been looking for a while

Im gonna be trying my luck with a ceriatone hopefully nex month
Last edited by crazygnr1996 at May 21, 2010,
Yeah ill probably try to get a head and 2x12 but won't be anytime soon

I'm very happy with the purchase, I'll be checking you out for that ceriatone, i was looking into them and watching all youtube vids over and over again but it was worth waiting for the real thing , even if only for the amazing resale value this thing has.

I think ill probably go with MXR 10 band + Dunlop original crybaby wah for now.
Last edited by Goodnighttnight at May 21, 2010,
Please God anything but the Original Crybaby. They're terrible unless you mod them.

Go for a Vox wah instead, or at least the 535Q Crybaby.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Well you need a good delay and reverb for sure, please though stay away from multi-effects, especially with such a beautiful amp. Also a nice 2x12 with vintage 30's would really make that amp come to life.
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
schtick_bomb is actually a Tare. An evil race of aliens from the planet Nibiru who have come to fight the power of Jesus Christ.