There is a small music festival/show out at a lake about 40 minutes from my town(Merritt BC, hillbilly capital of the world). I and a friend are planning to go, its the biggest event of the year and we spend all of our time doing nothing in a barren waist land of a town. The show is on the 4th and 5th and everyone leaves on the day of the 6th. The plot thickens here though because Ive got a major surgery scheduled on the 8th, I and my family have to leave on the 6th to get there for all the pre-op stuff. Doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Leave on the 4th have a few days of drunken awesomeness, drive home on the 6th and then later that day then its off down to Vancouver for my surgery. My mom is trying to say that I shouldn't/can't go, because "Ile get sick", I'd sooner believe that Obama is the Antichrist. I haven't had something worse then a cold since i was 13 and get a cold once or twice a year.

Something that should also be noted is that she just let my sister that just turned 17 and just got her license drive to Vancouver(a four hour, dangerous drive), in a very unreliable car, and stay with her bf and his 20+ yo criminal gang member brother who none of us have ever met. Now she and her bf who she brought back from Vancouver are at this grad camp out, which is nothing more than a gathering of the welfare losers and high school kids in town to go and smoke crack, do extacy, drink their parents liquor, and get into fights, etc. She has missed this whole week of school(If I wanted to miss a day I had to be near death) I wasn't allowed to go to my grad campout, not only that she and my mom have been to the states about 7 times, each trip costs about 7000$, I haven't been allowed to go to Vancouver to see my friends and family since i was 11. Ive been complaining and begging for braces(which i DESPERATELY need) since I was told I need them when i was 9(nearly 11 years ago). I still haven't gotten them under her claims that we "don't have that kind of money", I've never been well fed at home(I'm horribly, horribly underweight) Situations of blatant favoritism like these and my continuous neglect are nothing new to me, and I, my relatives, and anyone else that witness's it are more than frustrated and saddened by it. Another side note is that Im going to be spending my summer after surgery in my dirty smelly stinky trailer with nothing to do but lay in bed dying from heat, even though I should be staying in Vancouver with my family. So this show is my last chance to have any kind of fun.

So I guess I'm asking you guys, do you think its fair/logical/wise that I don't go to the weekend of fun(something I never get to do) under my mom's claim that I could get sick and my surgery will be postponed for many months? Or do you think my suspicion of her EXTREME hypocrisy and favoritism is well founded? Or am I just being a butt hurt child about it? As of now I'm planning on taking my friend and having fun and getting sexed and all that good stuff and she can just ****ing live with it, but she might be right and I could get sick and mess thins up for my self. Some unbiased opinions would be nice.
Quote by Minkaro
Barren waist land?

It's nothing but welfair and minimum wage homes, dying pine trees, abandoned buildings, and dirt.

Quote by Minkaro

You need to eat more.

Cute.
well seeing as you said thingy maybe the surgery is more important and i was TOO LAZY and DIDN'T READ the whole thing...
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
epic thread.

edit: are you having surgery, or is that what the festival is called?
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by bass-man9712
well seeing as you said thingy maybe the surgery is more important and i was TOO LAZY and DIDN'T READ the whole thing...

Calling it a thingy in no way lowers its importance and value to me. And it's just fine going unless i get sick. If you weren't TOO LAZY and DIDN'T READ the whole thing you would be able to provide better help other than stating the obvious.

But thanks for stating some kind of opinion. Your the only person to do that so far : D
Why don't you go, and just not drink?

Or is it impossible for kids to enjoy themselves these days without being drunk.

And what kind of surgery are you having? How does alcohol affect the success rate of a typical penile curvature correction operation?

edit: I'm sorry that was kinda mean.
return 0;

Quote by jsync

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by Julz127
Why don't you go, and just not drink?

Or is it impossible for kids to enjoy themselves these days without being drunk.

And what kind of surgery are you having? How does alcohol affect the success rate of a typical penile curvature correction operation?

edit: I'm sorry that was kinda mean.

The surgery is for a rare form a scoliosis, my spine is horribly horribly curved in and outwards, so its given me a horrible hump and slouch, if not corrected ile turn into that thing from 300 or the hunchback of notradame(sp?)

I'm not sure how drinking will effect it if at all, I'm not sure if it even stays in your system long enough to make a difference. Im also not going to the show to get smashed, im going for the bands and the people, AND to drink if it isn't a horrible idea to do so.
I'd go and play it safe man (that is, don't drink). I see no reason that you can't go to both the festival and have your procedure. Remember should your mum get feisty about it though that your family are going out of their way for you - and while it sucks that she seems to favor your sister, family is still family, you're in it for the good and the bad.
Last edited by Big Spender at May 21, 2010,
Quote by bass-boy-garith
The surgery is for a rare form a scoliosis, my spine is horribly horribly curved in and outwards, so its given me a horrible hump and slouch, if not corrected ile turn into that thing from 300 or the hunchback of notradame(sp?)

I'm not sure how drinking will effect it if at all, I'm not sure if it even stays in your system long enough to make a difference. Im also not going to the show to get smashed, im going for the bands and the people, AND to drink if it isn't a horrible idea to do so.

Dude, at least your family cares enough to get you the surgery, I'd forget about the festival.

Hey, I've missed every band/festival I've wanted to see that has come to near where I live,
Including, Muse, Radiohead, Tool, Metallica, BDO and Mogwai.
return 0;

Quote by jsync

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by Julz127
Dude, at least your family cares enough to get you the surgery, I'd forget about the festival.

Hey, I've missed every band/festival I've wanted to see that has come to near where I live,
Including, Muse, Radiohead, Tool, Metallica, BDO and Mogwai.

Yea thats true, the surgery is free, but even if it wasn't they would pay.

you and big spender both make a good point. I think ile do as he suggested and go and just be smart, and hopefully my moms extreme favoritism wont get in the way. Maybe even strongly consider not going.

Quote by W35M4N
Dude, you're from Merritt? Cool! Well, not cool for you I guess, but you're from BC at least. I'm from Maple Ridge. I don't really have anything to add to the thread, but yeah. I've never been to Merritt, not sure I want to either .

Im not from Merritt(thank every god there is), I'm from Mission Surrey and Richmond. Maple Ridge is an awesome place from what I've heard man.XD. And no, you want to stay the hell away from Merritt.
wow TS you suck at spelling.

also just go, but don't drink..or eat.
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----