Hey guys, next week Im gonna be in studio for three nights thanks to a battle of the bands that we go second place in! Anyways, the reason why am posting this is because I want to know what to expect since its my first time. Im a little bit nervous but am also very excited!
Expect lots of waiting....fighting and problems. Trust me though it's all worth it in the end.
Quote by thematthill5
The man speaks truth.

Quote by Scutchington
That was probably the first time I've ever laughed at the "over 9000" meme.
From recording this past year:
When you guys go into the studio have your crap ready to record. Be rehearsed and dont give the engineer too many problems. Talented rehearsed musicians can make recording quick and painless. Those that aren't, make it long and tedious.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by The_Mariner
Expect lots of waiting....fighting and problems. Trust me though it's all worth it in the end.

I doubt we'll be a bad as metallica in some kind of monster
Actually, I just got accepted for an internship at a recording studio. I've never recorded in one but what I've heard/figured out is:
-Have your stuff ready to record when you come in. If you can't play it live you shouldn't play it in the studio. That's a fast way to make those 3 days disappear.
-Be ready to scrap old ideas and come up with new ones on the spot
-Be sober. I shouldn't even have to say this but I've heard too many horror stories to leave it out.
-Don't abuse your sound guy. You may like how your guitar sounds but you need to trust him to figure out how to get it to sit right in the mix. If that means rolling off the bass on your br00talz!!!! distortion then so be it.
-Don't expect miracles. Yes, the Beatles recorded their first album in under 24 hours. I guarantee you that's not the kind of thing that happens frequently. There's a user here called Minichibi who just released a fantastic album... after 10 months of work.
-Have fun. When you enjoy playing your instrument, it comes through in your playing and makes your recording sound that much better.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
who's talking about metallica i'm just talking about my experience! xD
Quote by thematthill5
The man speaks truth.

Quote by Scutchington
That was probably the first time I've ever laughed at the "over 9000" meme.
Quote by Death11

Yea, except Some Kind of Monster wasn't worth it.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by Death11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=546KjKMB9kw

Whatever happens TS...if this occurs or something along these lines occurs, I just want you to set your instrument down gently and make a beeline to the nearest exit. Don't look back brah...just run..
Quote by Metalology
You'll probably get some praise from people in as sad of a situation as you or maybe some laughs from people who enjoy your lame sense of humor.

lolwut

a blog that should be floating in the toilet. toiletfloater.blogspot.com