Page 1 of 2
Good day people of the pit, I require the names of movies where protagonists use macs, antagonists use windows. I remember seeing it being discussed in the pit but I can't find it for the life of me.

So pit, if you know some movies, please help me.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
i've never paid attention to what brand the characters use. i was you know... watching the movie

thats like noticing what kind of cigarettes they smoke
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Ha ha ha ha awesome You should put all the clips together and tell apple to use it as a commercial
I let you get away so cleanly.
Quote by bass-man9712
i've never paid attention to what brand the characters use. i was you know... watching the movie

One of the army guys in Forrest Gump was smoking Lucky Strikes. True story.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

You want to know why you can't find a movie that has apple as the protagonists?

It's because it isn't possible.
The only thing antagonizing is the people who won't shut the **** up about how great their Macs are.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by SlayingDragons

QFT.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Quote by Metalology
You'll probably get some praise from people in as sad of a situation as you or maybe some laughs from people who enjoy your lame sense of humor.

lolwut

a blog that should be floating in the toilet. toiletfloater.blogspot.com
Last edited by slight☼return at May 21, 2010,
Quote by Colgate Total
The only thing antagonizing is the people who won't shut the **** up about how great their Macs are.

As well as Hawks fans who won't stop yammering about their team

But seriously, I could care less. Macs and PCs are good for different reasons. Plenty of protagonists use PCs. Weird Science? Hackers? Grandma's Boy?

Okay, not great examples, but whatever
Quote by SlayingDragons

I've seen a movie where most of the characters were eggs, so I believe it is possible for an apple to be in a movie.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Quote by halo43

But seriously, I could care less. Macs and PCs are good for different reasons. Plenty of protagonists use PCs. Weird Science? Hackers? Grandma's Boy?

i don't know why this bothers me but why the **** do people say 'i could care less.' when they should really put 'i couldn't care less.' the way you have it now could mean a level of care from 1 to infinite. but when you say i couldn't care less it means your care level is at 0.

/obnoxious rant
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Quote by Wesseem
i don't know why this bothers me but why the **** do people say 'i could care less.' when they should really put 'i couldn't care less.' the way you have it now could mean a level of care from 1 to infinite. but when you say i couldn't care less it means your care level is at 0.

/obnoxious rant

Because I could care less, I'm just not motivated to. There's no reason for my care level to be set at 0, so why make the effort of putting it there if it's already at 1? If it's on a scale of 0 to infinity, I'm already at the low end, therefore I have no need to be at care level 0.

Also, I really don't care
I use both a Mac and a PC, and I consider myself the protagonist. Do I win?
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by Wesseem

/obnoxious rant

THIS!
Bloody hell, this annoys the dicks out of me!
Quote by halo43
Because I could care less, I'm just not motivated to. There's no reason for my care level to be set at 0, so why make the effort of putting it there if it's already at 1? If it's on a scale of 0 to infinity, I'm already at the low end, therefore I have no need to be at care level 0.

Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by halo43

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/video/2010/may/20/language-usa
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by halo43

but i don't know it's at 1. it could be at a bajillion and you could care a lot and we wouldn't know. if i don't know how much you care then i don't sleep.
Quote by edge11

Quote by Wesseem
but i don't know it's at 1. it could be at a bajillion and you could care a lot and we wouldn't know. if i don't know how much you care then i don't sleep.

Well, if the Scale of Caring is from 0 to infinity, then no matter what my Care Level is, it will always be near the bottom, therefore you may sleep at night knowing that I have the capacity to care less, but I won't waste the energy.

So remember, despite what David Mitchell says, when this American uses the phrase "I could care less," it means he doesn't care, he could care less than he cares now if he wanted to, and it would get to the point of "I couldn't care less," but he's too damn lazy to type those 3 extra strokes.

Last edited by halo43 at May 21, 2010,
Grammar nazis have hijacked this thread.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by rockingamer2

It's hardly Grammar Nazi grammar that we're discussing.

If you don't want Grammar Nazis here, remember that 'Nazis' begins with a capital 'N'.
Last edited by halo43 at May 22, 2010,
Quote by rockingamer2

I just wanted a list of movies
Quote by bass-man9712

In Pulp Fiction most characters smoke Red Apples, and there's a giant Red Apples ad in a scene in one of the Kill Bills.

The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
i feel bad i ruined your thread. how about legally blonde? the main girl uses a mac in a lecture hall while literally everyone else pulls out th exact same IBM laptop.

no one is gonna believe me but that is the only scene i ever saw in that movie and i saw it well over 3-4 years ago.
Quote by edge11

Quote by halo43

couldn't care less. COULDN'T.

EDIT: but anyway, there's plenty of product placement in i, robot. the robots look like macs...
Sorry, I don't feel like helping; I have a soft spot for PCs (though Macs are great for certain applications)
Last edited by funkyducky at May 22, 2010,
Quote by funkyducky
couldn't care less. COULDN'T.

EDIT: but anyway, there's plenty of product placement in i, robot. the robots look like macs...
Sorry, I don't feel like helping; I have a soft spot for PCs (though Macs are great for certain applications)

Day late and a dollar short, brother. We already talked about this.

Wait... You're in Australia, so is that a day ahead, a dollar short? Because that doesn't make a whole lot of sense...
This is probably the strangest computer-related question the Pit has been asked.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by mental_zer0
The antagonists in Zoolander use macs

But that's not what you wanted, is it?

close enough to what I asked....even though this has mainly been about "I couldn't care less"
Because Apple helps fund the movies, you can portray a PC on the screen without showing a brand name, but a Mac is a Mac.
I'll play it and tell you what it is later.
-Miles Davis
An Inconvenient Truth

Apple or whatever helped fund it, so there's a million scenes of Gore and his Mac. Apple symbols everywhere in that bitch.
Quote by Random88
Jack Bauer and his friends use macs

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

In reality, they're using him, because they're moles for the Taliban who are working for the Russians who are actually hired by North Koreans who are secretly being orchestrated by - get this - Jack Bauer, who is himself, along with everyone else in America, a mole, working to destroy America.

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by Jimmyyoung
An Inconvenient Truth

Apple or whatever helped fund it, so there's a million scenes of Gore and his Mac. Apple symbols everywhere in that bitch.

actually, they don't. God alone knows where I heard this, but wikipedia backs it up.

Apple's products frequently appear in films and on television, Apple has stated that they do not pay for this, and would not discuss how its products make their way into television and films.[16].

You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Last edited by jgbsmith at May 22, 2010,
Quote by Colgate Total

Goddamn, my mac is awesome.

aaanyway, I know in Kickass, kickass has a mac.

but in Jimmy Bond (James Bond), Jimmy has a sony vaio, I was quite shocked, because they are shit!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Page 1 of 2