last year around april-may-ish, i started a band with two friends of mine we had just met that year and they both played guitar. they wanted me to play in the band but i had no experience playing any instrument. jared, ex-guitarist now is vocalist, bought me a bass and told me learn how to play it. so i learn and picked it up very fast. we started playing more and more often then we got a church, we are non-religious-atheists, and practiced there twice a week. we went through plenty of name changes and finally settled on Amputation. we now write songs learn each others songs and are hoping to soon play some gigs. the bands line-up conists of guitarist-Tyler Berkebile(DeathXGuitar666), vocalist-Jared Zogby(DragTheWaters11), Bassist- David Swartz,me(david_swartz) and Shae lol still unsure about his last name, hes fairly new to the band. your probably wondering how can you have a death metal band without a drummer. we had one his name was Kevin Day but we decided to get rid of him because he announced he wasn't commited to making music and wasnt devoted enough. we currently have an opportunity to work with 4 different drummers, one of which we will decide to make the bands drummer, if he wants to of course. but thats the update so far on the band, if ur interested and want daily updates on the band go to www.myspace.com/amputation1. also type amputation above and check out our writing in guitar pro 5 files, anything above the name DeathXGuitar666.
Well good luck. It's hard to commit to music and only music. It's not a stable living. You could play your heart out only to get scrapped behind 12 other people. It's tough. I'm an avid hobbyist who has often wondered what my life life would be like if i decided to drop everything, every responsibility and sworn duty i have to just play. Fortunetly, I'm young and at a crossroads where I have the chance/time to either give in to what seems exciting yet childish, or go on to get a degree and start an entry level job somewhere, building my career. No matter what, I'll still play, sing and enjoy music as long as possible.

So... what is it you are asking again?
Well good luck. It's hard to commit to music and only music. It's not a stable living. You could play your heart out only to get scrapped behind 12 other people. It's tough. I'm an avid hobbyist who has often wondered what my life life would be like if i decided to drop everything, every responsibility and sworn duty i have to just play. Fortunetly, I'm young and at a crossroads where I have the chance/time to either give in to what seems exciting yet childish, or go on to get a degree and start an entry level job somewhere, building my career. No matter what, I'll still play, sing and enjoy music as long as possible.

yeah i realize devoting urself to music is hard and im not saying u should be complletely devoted but this guy just put down our band so much with his negativity. its really hard to work with someone who doesn't want to work with u himself
Quote by Macheeoo

So... what is it you are asking again?

Yes, the music industry is very tough and we are very well aware of that.

Just gotta keep chasing that dream, though.
There will be zero tolerance
For the creator of hallowed intentions
There will be zero tolerance
Fate is your deciding God