ALRIGHT!

I got my latest addition. The all too sexy ESP Edwards E-HR-130III. I got it at one of the nicest deals you could imagine. I got dumb**** lucky today. LIKE OMG WTF HOW?
This guitar goes new for $1500, Japan import only. I found a guy on ebay who lived in the same city as I do who was desperately trying to sell this guitar.
I managed to buy it for $900. Yes $900. That's $600 less. When I saw the guitar. I jizzed. The thing was damn near new. The old owner had literally gotten about an hour and a half of playtime on it before his wife bitched and made him sell it.

TL;DR I basically scored a NEW Japanese made Edwards H-III for $600 less than it goes for.

Review:
Now I'm going to try to be as unbiased as possible, but this guitar is a HUGE upgrade from my SG.
The neck feels about the same thickness which was what I thought was the problem with the SG, but the way the neck on the H-III is shaped makes it so much more comfortable. I decided to play some Maiden to christen the guitar and it didn't hurt my thumb like my SG used to.

I only chilled with my friend who has the Peavey Classic 50 for a short amount of time today, but I managed to get a general overview of the sound. It's beautiful. I thought I was wanting to look for another guitar with a mahogany body, but this alder bodied guitar is an excellent change.

It comes stock with a Seymour Duncan SH-2n Jazz pickup in the neck and a Custom 5 TB-14 in the bridge. Both of the pickups are coil tapped. I know I'm about to compare the stock pups of an epiphone to SD's but I don't care. The SD's completely destroy the epiphone pups in clarity and sound. Even in my Spider III, I can hear a huge difference in the general clarity of the notes.

The floyd rose (FRT-5000) does it's job beautifully. After a large amount of abuse the guitar is still in tune. I need to do a small set-up to eliminate some buzz, but I'll worry about it tomorrow. I've never owned a floyd equipped guitar, so I'm going to test it out and see if I like it or not. If I find the floyd to be a hassle I can just simply block the bridge.

In general, I LOVE this guitar. And I never thought this shape would be available to me

And now UG, I give you, Vivian:
Wangstock:

Whole guitar:
(Invalid img)

Body:
(Invalid img)

Closeup:

Backside for the fetishists:
Last edited by siverstorm at May 22, 2010,
That guitar looks simply divine. You got a great deal!
Gear :
ESP/LTD Deluxe MH-1000 - EMG 81/85 + 18V mod
ESP/LTD AX-400 - EMG 81/81
Jackson DKMG - EMG 85/81 + 18V mod.

SGH VS100 All-tube head
Marshall 1960a JCM 800 cab

BOSS NS-2 / BOSS MT-2 / BOSS ML-2
BOSS BD-2 / BOSS PS-5 / BOSS-DD7
Looks pretty wicked. I've always been a fan of white guitars.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
I dislike the phallic headstock. Other than that they are very sexy guitars. Oh, and ring mounted pickups too, I cant stand them.

HNGD!
Lucky me I have no preference to the ring mounts

And I quite enjoy the wangstock (or tear-drop stock as it was meant to be called)
stunning i always wanted one because hizaki plays them, happy new guitar day man enjoy !
hoot damn, hoot damn
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
ah man that looks top notch, congrats
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
I want a japanese esp so badly. America gets all the boring stuff.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Looking good man! I would've rather seen the hardware in black, but of course you can't be picky when it comes to steals; especially on eBay.

Have any clips yet?
Quote by smartalec007
I want a japanese esp so badly. America gets all the boring stuff.

Agreed. Although have you looked at their export catalogue? You can get a Japanese ESP (or Edwards) if you bring it to a local ESP dealer. I'm pretty sure if you go to your ESP dealer and show them the export catalogue they could get you one of those guitars...however I have no idea what they'd charge you lol.

Do what I did and surf ebay and craigslist. I decided against 2 different ads for the ESP Horizon NT-II that were both $1000 and as I waited I found Vivian. Patience is key

Quote by sirlaser
stunning i always wanted one because hizaki plays them, happy new guitar day man enjoy !

Ironically when I saw Hizaki with one is when I started looking into them.
Now I wish I could afford a Brunetti amp but y'know I don't have $4000 lying around somewhere lol.
I think the ESP standard one is like over $2000 while the Edwards is $1500 and the ESP original is like $5000 or something stupid like that lol.

Quote by Y00p
Looking good man! I would've rather seen the hardware in black, but of course you can't be picky when it comes to steals; especially on eBay.

Have any clips yet?

The hardware is black lol. It's just my camera's flash. I may take some new picks under the sun, but that'll have to wait till tomorrow (gotta go to work in a few hours and leave Vivian behind )

As for clips. not just yet lol. I still only have the Spider III and I don't have any proper recording equipment and I only play the Peavey whenever I go to my friends house. If i make any clips all I'll get are people complaining about how the tone sucks massive donkey from the people actually listening to the bandwagoners alike.
Last edited by siverstorm at May 22, 2010,
Quote by siverstorm
[a lot of stuff]
The hardware is black lol. It's just my camera's flash. I may take some new picks under the sun, but that'll have to wait till tomorrow (gotta go to work in a few hours and leave Vivian behind )
[more stuff]

Wow, can't believe how I missed that. I looked at your close up of the bridge and thought it was chrome... Spoke to soon.

In that case, great guitar, have fun with it.
happy NGD! great buy...but post some better pics will ya ?

but the headstock could better though...
Last edited by archenemyfan at May 22, 2010,
Yea I'll definitely post more pics tomorrow or something. Outside where my damn camera doesn't need flash.
Daaamn, thats a friggin sexy guitar. HNGD Man, Im jealous!
Gear:
ESP Horizon II
LTD EC-1000
Ibanez MDB1

Morgan BC40
Koch Twintone II

Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

YouTube: more morons than Yahoo Answers and more hate than 4chan. It's the Internet's premier breeding ground of complete idiocy.
do you know what plant it was built in?

congrats on a very nice guitar.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Sorry I have no idea what plant it was built it. Why? May I ask. Also does anyone know if it's easy to install strap locks? The strap pins on it are quite small and I'm scared some sudden movement could make me drop my baby.
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by siverstorm
Sorry I have no idea what plant it was built it. Why? May I ask. Also does anyone know if it's easy to install strap locks? The strap pins on it are quite small and I'm scared some sudden movement could make me drop my baby.

They're really easy to install. I use the Dunlops, and they come with a screw. If the screw fits, use it, if it doesn't, use the old screw, and it'll be fine either way. A bit of a pain in the ass to put together, but once they are, your fears subside.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by siverstorm

Ironically when I saw Hizaki with one is when I started looking into them.
Now I wish I could afford a Brunetti amp but y'know I don't have $4000 lying around somewhere lol.
I think the ESP standard one is like over $2000 while the Edwards is $1500 and the ESP original is like $5000 or something stupid like that lol.

WHAT !?! you saw hizaki? was it in japan or were they on tour?
That's nice! I still prefer the old horizon body shape, though.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Nice guitar! Agree about the body shape, but hey it's not mine. Also...guitars that sell for $1400-1500 new frequently sell for $1000 used. So while you got a good deal it's definitely not some kinda insanity. I'm also curious as to why you'd spend $900 on a guitar instead of buying yourself a good amp first. IMO a good amp is MUCH more important than a good guitar. That said, just my 2 cents.

Enjoy the axe!
Custom guitars, vintage amps, boutique pedals. Blah, blah, blah.
Last edited by CustomAxe at May 22, 2010,
Quote by sirlaser
WHAT !?! you saw hizaki? was it in japan or were they on tour?

Ahh my apologies. I just meant like on youtube and whatnot. He plays on ESP H-III's and I have the Jubilee Tab book and I saw that he used Brunetti amps on that album.

Quote by hminh87
That's nice! I still prefer the old horizon body shape, though.

Meh I got this because I was getting kinda sick of the typical super-strat shape. But I was considering getting one before I found this.

Quote by CustomAxe
Nice guitar! Agree about the body shape, but hey it's not mine. Also...guitars that sell for $1400-1500 new frequently sell for $1000 used. So while you got a good deal it's definitely not some kinda insanity. I'm also curious as to why you'd spend $900 on a guitar instead of buying yourself a good amp first. IMO a good amp is MUCH more important than a good guitar. That said, just my 2 cents.

Enjoy the axe!

Thanks.
Though, for me, this guitar was literally mint. I thought the seller was lying when he said he only played it for about an hour, but when I got it there were no scratches on it and the bloody plastic was still on the tuners and everything.
I have a job where I get a 50 dollar paycheck every week because I never get many shifts. So basically I saved $600 dollars on a new guitar. That's pretty good for me.

Also. I am a basement player. I jam with my dad (drummer) sometimes, but other than that I'm not usually playing with others. Everytime I play outside of my house I usually play on my friend's Peavey Classic 50. So buying a new amp would just be a waste of money for me. I don't really care about my tone sounding like a Marshall or Mesa or whatever the hell. I care more about the comfort of the guitar, something my SG lacked significantly. By your logic I should keep playing on my uncomfortable SG with an incredible tone from a tube amp that probably would've costed $600+ or something. Which just doesn't make any sense to me.

Sure I wish I had certain tones that the Spider can't pull off, but I don't have a dying urge to just go spend my saved money because of it.

TL;DR Because I care more about the feel than the tone as a basement player.
Well I mean, I wouldn't buy a guitar in the first place that I consider uncomfortable...but I guess I see your point. And I didnt mean that it wasnt new in terms of wear, I just mean in terms of the market/financially. Once you take a guitar out of the packaging its not new anymore, even with no play. Enjoy it man, looks like a quality axe!
Custom guitars, vintage amps, boutique pedals. Blah, blah, blah.
Quote by CustomAxe
Well I mean, I wouldn't buy a guitar in the first place that I consider uncomfortable...but I guess I see your point. And I didnt mean that it wasnt new in terms of wear, I just mean in terms of the market/financially. Once you take a guitar out of the packaging its not new anymore, even with no play. Enjoy it man, looks like a quality axe!

Yea lol I know what you mean. I was the biggest noob when I went to buy my SG. I'm not going to lie. I'm alright with my Spider now. But back then when I bought it. If i knew that I could find such better amps for the money I definitely would've bought something better.

But thanks again
New pics in the sunlight for the people who asked. I never realized how shitty my camera was before.

Last edited by siverstorm at May 23, 2010,
Great, now I have to change my pants. Thanks a lot.

I actually had a dream about getting one of these a while ago. Waking up... I was depressed, to say the least.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
hngd

so gorgeous! hope LTD makes one soon :| I am sad that the cockstock has so much empty space in it though. the old ESP/LTD logo at the top was awesome back then, but when i look at your guitar, how clean and minimalistic would get offset by having a logo too. can't decide!

you need gold hardware to make it look like hizaki's
Quote by iampeter

you need gold hardware to make it look like hizaki's

Send me a blank cheque and it's done

Quote by mr kipling
I have this but the ESP version!

Nice, though I could never afford the ESP version of this guitar lol.

Quote by bobthebum16
Lucky lucky you man!

That is nice guitar...nice find!

Frets look REALLY HUGE though.

HNGD!

Thanks! I actually love it. The frets are the extra jumbo's, so I guess they are really huge lol. They are much bigger than my SG's frets (which have worn down quite a bit)
That is really great! So you got all the stuff you needed. Guitars always attracted me. I knew a little to play guitars. I went to classes to learn it, but we should need some born skills also. You are really blessed.

(ad removed)
^ *reported*
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?