bought a strap yesterday and realized i can't play while standing up, lol, any tips?
Quote by DeadSoloist
lol i have all the practice standing up when I used to play guitar hero 24/7 :P

Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
I don't care if you're joking or not.

Just no.

Quote by shadowz_fall
bought a strap yesterday and realized i can't play while standing up, lol, any tips?

practice, it took me like 2 weeks to get comfortable standing
Practice is the best bet, but try to find a good height to sling your guitar. Start out with your guitar at groin level, and adjust it around a bit until you find something comfortable.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
adjust the strap so that when you stand up the guitar stays in about the same position as when you're sitting down. that is the most economical way to play your guitar standing up.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
yeah like they said, it takes a lot of getting used to. getting your guitar in a comfortable position is important, then I'd just start doing a good amount of your practice standing up rather than sitting.
play only standing up for like two weeks at least. put your strap somewhere REALLY comfortable, and move it farther down every few days until you feel happy with it.
right, so, i gotta play while standing up from now on, and adjust the strap to a comfortable position... ok... sounds like i can do that, thanks
Quote by DeadSoloist
lol i have all the practice standing up when I used to play guitar hero 24/7 :P

Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
I don't care if you're joking or not.

Just no.

I used to never stand while I was playing. When I sit ,it's easier to tilt the neck so I can see the fretboard and where my finger's are while I'm playing.

Lately I've been trying to stand more . I want to eventually get good enough to play with other's in a band. Once you get comfortable and get used to playing without watching where you're finger's are,you'll do better. AS previously stated, You just need a little more practice.
dngrsdave

Heavy Metal Thunder
takes a few days to get used to... i only played songs that i knew how to play while learning to play standing up. probably best to remain seated while working on technique for a lil bit... dont want to develop any bad habits.
Last edited by whyze250f at May 22, 2010,
Practice
first play what you can play accurate while sitting and keep playing it while standing ..
thats it