Im trying to record with my Blackstar HT 5 emulated speaker/headphone output.

Idk if other amps have something like this or not so i got a few questions...

How can I record and hear what im playing at the same time?
I can record if i plug into the microphone input on the back of my computer but since its the mic jack i cant hear the amp, I can plug it into the blue jack in the back thats next to the speaker jack on the computer and i can play the amp through the cumputer speakers, can i record through this?

Do i need a mixer board to do this?

Im using cool edit pro
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
should be fine. just make sure you get the levels all at a sensible level to avoid any clipping.

a mixer would be good, but isnt essential.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
I think i know where you are trying to get at
this will take some cords though.
Theoretically speaking this might work.

1.Plug your guitar in to your amp
2. Get a double ended chord to plug you amp into your computer
3. Plug one side of the cord into the amp (Headphone)
4. Plug the other side of the cord into the computer (Whether it be Line-in (Blue) or the Microphone (pink))

You should be able to get an output from your computer speakers since you are using your amp as a "pre amp" so to speak.
Just make sure that you have the ASIO4ALL driver installed on your computer to fix Latency.
I havnt tried this method because I plug my guitar straight into my computer.
damn i should have thought of that when i was at radio shack, im gonna make a trip up there again to see if they have something like that
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.