My friend just gave me this Mexican Stratocaster but the bridge is sticking up just enough to keep everything out of tune. I'm a bassist so this is all alien to me, any help would be appreciated. Also, if any other details are needed then let me know.
flip it over and tighten the two screws in the back cavity, and / or add another spring back there.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Actually, Fender spec would have the rear of vintage 6 point bridge 1/8" OFF the body. This allows one to pull up on the trem bar to raise the pitch. Many people have no need for such and simply tighten the claw screws or add another spring to bring the rear of the tremolo into contact with the body.
Quote by webwarmiller
Actually, Fender spec would have the rear of vintage 6 point bridge 1/8" OFF the body. This allows one to pull up on the trem bar to raise the pitch. Many people have no need for such and simply tighten the claw screws or add another spring to bring the rear of the tremolo into contact with the body.

MEX strats are very temperamental.

if you plan on leaving it floating you had better lube all contact points and adjust the outside bridge screws.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011