First off let me tell you that this is NOT A SPAM. I'm not a bot, I am a human being.

Hello my name is Utsav Gupta, I'm a computer engineering student from Kolkata and the owner, designer and developer of http://www.classicgigs.com .

CLASSICGIGS is an experimental social network which I have designed for individual musicians and bands where they can post their gig calendar.

And now people who love to have their pint of Budweiser and bang their head in the moshpit of their favorite band's gig can easily get a comprehensive gig schedule of their almighty rock gods from CLASSICGIGS.

Bands can keep track of similar bands and plan their gigs accordingly.

I came up with this idea since I am an avid music lover and felt that this tool was missing for both musicians and gig lovers.

CLASSICGIGS is a very young (infant will be more appropriate) site which is still in its beta stage and I've tried to keep both design and functionality as simple as possible. I will be more than happy to add more functionality to the site as per the users' suggestions.

So I would like to personally invite you all to be a part of CLASSICGIGS and try to make each and every gig a classic where musicians can rest assured that they have their loyal entourage of fans in the moshpit.

However since the website is still in it's BETA stage I had to restrict membership. Membership is available only to users from my country India and from United States. Sorry, please bear with me.

Regards,

(UTSAV GUPTA)
My Gear:

• Braganza's Custom Bullseye Semi Acoustic
  • Zoom 505 II (Yet 2 get)
  • Output through computer speakers
And people please post your thoughts here on the website. I've incorporated the basic features that musicians might need to publish their gigs. I would love to receive feedback from you people and will try my level best make adjustments to the site based on ur feedback.
My Gear:

47 views and no replies... You people don't like the concept!?
My Gear:

I like the concept man, but it's a shame I cannot get it over in the UK.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
No we don't like the concept. I don't mean to be harsh, but Myspace, Ticketmaster and a host of other sites already do this. And they do it worldwide, and they probably do it better. I dont' really know how you missed that when you came up with the idea
My name is Danny. Call me that.
@Fisheth24 I have added United Kingdom, Canada and Ireland to the list.

@asator I didn't know that MySpace had this feature. However CLASSICGIGS is different from ticketmaster, my site is meant for small bands who all play at pubs and places like that and you don't need to buy tickets for those gigs. Moreover I know that MySpace, Ticketmaster provide quality services but here this website is so young, it's been online for a couple of days only. I'm sure that this won't be the situation 2 years down the line. You can be a part of it and give me your feedback. But yeah one thing this website is not meant for the Lady Gagas or the Lil Wayne's but for the guy who stays next door and on weekends he jams at a pub with his friends in front of say 50-60 people.
My Gear:

Last edited by utsavgupta at May 22, 2010,
Quote by utsavgupta
@Fisheth24 I have added United Kingdom, Canada and Ireland to the list.

@asator I didn't know that MySpace had this feature. However CLASSICGIGS is different from ticketmaster, my site is meant for small bands who all play at pubs and places like that and you don't need to buy tickets for those gigs. Moreover I know that MySpace, Ticketmaster provide quality services but here this website is so young, it's been online for a couple of days only. I'm sure that this won't be the situation 2 years down the line. You can be a part of it and give me your feedback. But yeah one thing this website is not meant for the Lady Gagas or the Lil Wayne's but for the guy who stays next door and on weekends he jams at a pub with his friends in front of say 50-60 people.

I like your ambition, and I like your ideas. But the point is, on a Myspace music page there's a massive section for adding gig dates. Myspace is the standard for bands and musicians, so trying to tackle them and beat them at their own game is probably a losing battle.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
@astor I completely agree dude it is an uphill task. But I'll keep at it, you never know after say a couple of years it might just pay off.
My Gear:

Hey guys nice to see people form UG signing up.

If you have any queries then you can post them here (i'll be checking this thread regularly) or you can post it on the community page of CLASSICGIGS on facebook.
My Gear:

Last edited by utsavgupta at May 23, 2010,
There was some issues in the Events section which has been fixed!
My Gear: