what exactly is the diffrence between a wizard hp prestige and a wizard prestige. ibanez introduced this on there '10 rg models.

many thanks!
Wizard HP

Neck Dimension

Scale 648mm/25.5 "
a: Width at Nut 43mm
b: Width at Last Fret 58mm
c: Thickness at 1st 18mm
d: Thickness at 12th 20mm
Radius 430mmR

Wizard prestige

NECK DIMENSIONS

Scale/Length 648mm/25.5"
a: Width at Nut 43mm
b: Width Last Fret 58mm
c: Thickness 1st Fret 18mm
d: Thickness 12th Fret 20mm
Radius 430mm

no difference whatsoever in any dimensions..I think the HP has a very small difference in the shape for better grip..no major differences,just a marketing trick I guess...
actually the price of a 2550z at namm 2008 was $1150 ish and then $1350 ish in 2010. i think theres something ibanez isn't telling us :P
Quote by Marshmelllow
actually the price of a 2550z at namm 2008 was $1150 ish and then $1350 ish in 2010. i think theres something ibanez isn't telling us :P

yes thers is..the quality is going down and the prices are going up...ridiculously

if you can get hold of 2002 ish prestige,thats the golden era of ibanez..no 10 prestige can match that quality...

EDIT : the prices at namm are list prices..or MSRP
Last edited by archenemyfan at May 22, 2010,
Quote by Marshmelllow
also whats with the quality of ibanezs going down!

first time ive heard about this.

well its true...the neck finishing,tremolos,trem studs,fretboard edge and fret end finishing has gone down quite badly...and design flaws in the ZPS,contour problems in the JS wow!!..these might look like small issues but that is the reason why we pay extra for the prestiges..and now they are not that good as they used to be,and prices going up every year,its looking pretty bad

J.customs are an exception though...they are fantastic..

EDIT: I guess that this is your first prestige..so you wouldnt know about those problems

head over to jemsite and see..Ibanez is going down quite badly..especially prestiges..
yeah its my first prestige, but i have used a couple before.

also my mate owned a j custom RG8670TB (the blue flamed top one) a while back. thing was just awesome. but i dont have that kind of money :/
Last edited by Marshmelllow at May 22, 2010,
Quote by Marshmelllow
also my mate owned a j custom RG8670TB (the blue flame topped one) a while back. thing was just awesome. but i dont have that kind of money :/

just save up a little more,its worth it
ah crap. it took me half a year to decide on an rg2550z, now im gonna spend another 8 months going through all the j customs.

thanks man :P
Quote by Marshmelllow
ah crap. it took me half a year to decide on an rg2550z, now im gonna spend another 8 months going through all the j customs.

thanks man :P

well,glad to help

you will have to wait another few months,but ultimately you will end up with a superior instrument,but if you can't wait anymore...the 2550 is a good choice(or the 1570)
you can buy j custom for cheaper than alot of prestiges. I got mine for 1900, cheaper than mahagony prestiges. just look on ebay and see if meestersparkule is selling
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by mexican_shred
you can buy j custom for cheaper than alot of prestiges. I got mine for 1900, cheaper than mahagony prestiges. just look on ebay and see if meestersparkule is selling

that should be used right?

be sure to buy it from a reputed seller,and avoid ridiculously low prices, as there are many Chibanez J.customs in ebay
Quote by archenemyfan
that should be used right?

be sure to buy it from a reputed seller,and avoid ridiculously low prices, as there are many Chibanez J.customs in ebay

Nope new in box. Meestersparkule is one of the best sellers for guitar that come from japan. high reputable.

Katana Guitars is an online dealer that sells them as well. Priced about the same very nice to deal with.
Last edited by mexican_shred at May 22, 2010,
Quote by mexican_shred
Nope new in box. Meestersparkule is one of the best sellers for guitar that come from japan. high reputable.

wow!! thanks for showing me that shop..I have never seen it before,great prices
No problem. he's great to deal with and answers emails fast.
cant find an australian site selling j customs. im on a crappy uni student income so i have 1500 to spend on a guitar. the the rg2550z is usually worth $2200-2400 here so im lucky i found a 1500 deal (btw its not counterfeit) ordering a decent j custom in from any other country will cost OVER 2000.

so pretty much thats out of the picture right now.
Quote by Marshmelllow
cant find an australian site selling j customs. im on a crappy uni student income so i have 1500 to spend on a guitar. the the rg2550z is usually worth $2200-2400 here so im lucky i found a 1500 deal (btw its not counterfeit) ordering a decent j custom in from any other country will cost OVER 2000.

so pretty much thats out of the picture right now.

ow too bad

how about the shop that mexicanshred sugested?they ship world wide..here are some links...great prices(actually awesome)you can get a J.custom just for 200 more than your rg2550(and at 1500,I would say that is a ripoff)

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Ibanez-J-Custom-RG8570Z-BX-Case-OUTLET-836-/180509078423?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar&hash=item2a072df397#ht_43079wt_1137

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Ibanez-J-Custom-RG8570Z-RS-Case-update-tool-882-/170488875496?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar&hash=item27b1edc9e8#ht_34479wt_1137

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Ibanez-J-Custom-RG8420ZD-OHSC-908-/200471927533?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar&hash=item2ead0edaed#ht_33765wt_1137

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Ibanez-J-Custom-RG8570Z-BX-Case-update-tool-808-/170487235851?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar&hash=item27b1d4c50b#ht_45762wt_1137

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Ibanez-J-Custom-RG8420ZD-OHSC-909-/170487643923?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar&hash=item27b1daff13#ht_33025wt_1137

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Ibanez-EMG-J-Custom-RG8420ZE-PA-81-85-COA-958-/180509762138?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar&hash=item2a0738625a#ht_31582wt_1137

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Ibanez-EMG-J-Custom-RG8420ZE-BX-81-85-COA-957-/170488371617?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar&hash=item27b1e619a1#ht_30841wt_1137

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Ibanez-J-Custom-RG8420ZD-Duncan-OHSC-959-/180509765099?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar&hash=item2a07386deb#ht_33061wt_1137
^people get ripped off in austrilia with guitar gear so 1500 isnt that terrible for them. still a rip off though
yes Australia is one of the worst countries for buying guitars. we've got so many tax and shipping prices to pay its not funny.

and ordering one from another country is always a problem cause you have no idea what quality it will be in at arrival. the best way i found is to haggle at some of the bigger music stores.
^Reasonable concern.

just from my experience: EMS has to be one of the best shipping services i've had the pleasure of dealing with. Surprisingly fast, and no harm to the box. Same with Meestersparkule. Loved him as a seller, since he was responsive to my emails, offered insurance for the guitar delivery( which i took).
The prices have gone up?!?! Sounds to me like inflation!!!! Golly gosh mister how crazy is this?!
Quote by mexican_shred
^Reasonable concern.

just from my experience: EMS has to be one of the best shipping services i've had the pleasure of dealing with. Surprisingly fast, and no harm to the box. Same with Meestersparkule. Loved him as a seller, since he was responsive to my emails, offered insurance for the guitar delivery( which i took).

yeah I dont think that will be much of a problem...if I was in your position,I would take the risk and buy from another country because the price you are going to pay for the 2550 is just too much IMO
Quote by SlenderMan`
The prices have gone up?!?! Sounds to me like inflation!!!! Golly gosh mister how crazy is this?!

Little more than just inflation. Rg1570's used to be 750, now they are 999. Thats partially due to inflation, and cost of materials and labor. But part of that is just the mark up due to the popularity they gained. the 1570 used to be the best of the bunch in terms of bang for your buck. now used ones are
Quote by mexican_shred
Little more than just inflation. Rg1570's used to be 750, now they are 999. Thats partially due to inflation, and cost of materials and labor. But part of that is just the mark up due to the popularity they gained. the 1570 used to be the best of the bunch in terms of bang for your buck. now used ones are

well I got mine for 799 shipped using a 20% off coupon...
Quote by archenemyfan
well I got mine for 799 shipped using a 20% off coupon...

the rebate thing they had going on was to try to fix the disparity, but the old price tag couldnt be beat, especially if you had 15% off during one of Mf/GC sales
Quote by mexican_shred
the rebate thing they had going on was to try to fix the disparity, but the old price tag couldnt be beat, especially if you had 15% off during one of Mf/GC sales

well 20% off is reasonable....not the rebate thing..

actually I think the rg1570 and 2550 are priced well compared to the MIJ jackson and LTD deluxes,which in my opinion are lower in overall quality than the prestiges
Quote by mexican_shred

spot on reply, mr shred. Lets not forget that prices haven't been put back down since their surge after the GFC, especially in Australia, the AUS$ was 0.6 US$ for a couple months, it came back up to 0.9 for a while (now at 0.8) but prices still stayed the same since they went up a year and a bit ago.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Gibson rosewood fiasco had a bit of a ripple effect to other brands, i know Gibson were the only ones who got caught but i dare say they would have been the only company using the illegal wood
How could i forget the the GFC

Basically the last couple of years hasnt been kind to the guitar side of the guitar industry. Buying used (at least smart buying) is key to not go broke when buying guitars.