Hello guys,
Its been a year since I started playing electric guitar and bought my first 15W Fame amp(which was really good). Now im thinking of buying a new, bigger and better amp. After much searching about valve and modeling amps I am really close to choosing a modeling amp at 30W. I made this choice because I don’t to spend money in the future for pedals or pedalboards and because with ~200 Euros I will be fully covered in the future and finally it is what I need(a decent amp for practicing at home and a small live or jam with friends). I have heard really good comments about VOX VT30. I want to express your opinion for this amp, mainly from personal experience, and Id like to make a few question about the VFS5 pedal of the amp. I read that it can work in two ways(?). First, as an on/off selector of the effects and speed/tap settings for delay etc and second, as a selector of the presets(I think the user’s). Any answer can be very useful. Also, I was wondering if in the CH1 of the presets stored in the pedal I can save the song preset for example Smells like teen spirit, in CH2 the amp preset for example of UK 80’s, in CH3 my own preset with my own treble, middle etc and in CH4 for example a clean sound with chorus effect. Finally, if you aren’t already tired, I have a last question. Do you think that I should surely forget the idea of buying a valve amp, considered that I don’t want to buy pedals in the future and that I am not so “perfectionist” with my amp sound, because I am nearly a beginner? For any mistakes in my English just ignore them
30 solid state watts won't get you over drums without sounding terrible if at all. What style of music do you play? Would you be willing to buy a used amp?
Sounds like the VT30 will fit your needs fine. As for the foot switch, you can go to the vox site and download the user manual which will have all the information on how that works in conjunction with the channels, presets and whatnot.

eidt: ^dude, I've gotten over drums with a 15 watt ss amp just fine, granted I wouldn't play a show like that unless I was mic'd
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at May 22, 2010,
first of all, thank you for your answer. the truth is that i prefer a new one(with guarantee etc). i play mainly alternative and classic rock(very seldom metal) and i want good cleans. also a friend of mine told me that the vox can jam with drummer even without the amp at max :s
For me it's important to be in balance. To not let fear get in the way of things, to not worry so much about protecting yourself all the time.
John Frusciante
Quote by justinb904
Sounds like the VT30 will fit your needs fine. As for the foot switch, you can go to the vox site and download the user manual which will have all the information on how that works in conjunction with the channels, presets and whatnot.

i will do it right now to see if it works that way
For me it's important to be in balance. To not let fear get in the way of things, to not worry so much about protecting yourself all the time.
John Frusciante
Quote by consecutive e
30 solid state watts won't get you over drums without sounding terrible if at all. What style of music do you play? Would you be willing to buy a used amp?

i got well over the drums with my Vox AD30VT in band practice but i never gig with it so i couldnt comment on gigs.

i loved my vox and the only reason i got rid of it was i wanted a tube amp.
Gear :
strat copy (SD Hotrails in bridge, Lil' 59 in Neck)
Orange Dual Terror
Orange PPC112
Pitchblack/SHO Clone/Morley PWA wah
We've got an old AD30VT at my friends place, gets over drums just fine and sounds good as well.

If you really want a new amp and really can't spend more than 200€, the Vox VT30 is just fine. For your styles, it'll work well.
thank you for your replies. i wait for more opinions
John Frusciante
one more question for the vt30... in the user presets can i save and the effects(delay,chorus etc) or they must be choosed separately, after i use my user preset?(somebody told me that and i think its a bit of a problem especially for lives)
John Frusciante