Okay this is ridiculous. At band practice today my drummer took the guitar cable coming from my brand new, first day of use, Orange Rocker 30, turned all the way up, literally on 10, and touched the end of the cable that's supposed to go into the guitar to the cable coming out of my other guitarists POS Crate amp, also turned to 10, also the tip that goes into the guitar. That is the tip of the cable to the other tip.

I was talking to someone else and not paying attention until I heard this terrible static and booming/popping noise. I ran over, knocked the cables out of his hands and pushed him, feeling like I could punch him in the nose. The whole time he was laughing because he thought it would make the amps blow up or something outrageous. I am moving within the month so this was my last practice with this guy.

My Question: Did it do any damage to my Orange? I played through it after and everything sounded ok but I'm worried.
"teh most gains"
I would have immediately taken a knife to each of his drum skins, then a hammer to his cymbals, and then maybe him haha. Hopefully it hasn't done any damage I don't think the amps will be damaged tbh the speakers on the other hand...
1. cool story bro.
2. tip to tip ahahahaha
3. why are both amps turned to 10? Is your drummer some kind of gorilla beast hammering on large metal plates suspended inside an underground cavern?
4. no. you are fine.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Probably not. All of that noise isn't good for the speakers, but a second or two probably didn't do any harm. As for current running through the amp, if anything overloaded it then the fuse would have blown. Since your amp is working, the fuse didn't blow.

You should've shoved a drumstick up your drummer's ass.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
I don't know, but I hope you beat the s**t out of him.
Ibanez Musician ('78)/Epiphone G-400/Fender Lite Ash Telecaster/Michael Kelly Valor X->Polytune->EX-7->Crybaby->OD-9->BD-2->EVH Phase 90->Hayden Mofo

Send->EHX DMB->DL-8->RV600->Return

Friends are like potatoes: If you eat them, they die.
Ways to piss off a drummer (from a session drummer).

If he's a pro guy:
Remove one of the lugs on each bottom head
Add an extra port to the kick resonant head
Loosen/tighten the snares (flip the trick, twist the knob, flip the trick back)
If he uses a coated snare (most drummers do), add a moongel to the bottom head
Swap out one of the heads for a different model (pinstripe, emperor, g2... etc)
Last minute at a show, unplug a mic and hide it. Preferably a snare

Average Joe:
Put a piece of duct tape on the head (flat if you're really pissed off)
Remove the felt on top of the washer below one of the cymbals (or the washer itself)
While he's not looking, remove the nut on the bottom of the hi hat clutch
Detune the top of one head 1/2 turn on each lug
Add a piece of felt under a crash and take off the wingnut
Right before you hit the stage, steal all but one of the sticks
Loosen the kick beater (or just take off the beater head)

and the obvious slicing a hole in the heads... duh. But that's not original.
Quote by josephde
Add a piece of felt under a crash and take off the wingnut

I like this one.

I'd take a knife and cut slits around the rim of the head, so when he sits down, it looks like his drums are fine, but the first time he hits it, he's going to bust right through the head
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw

I like this one.

I'd take a knife and cut slits around the rim of the head, so when he sits down, it looks like his drums are fine, but the first time he hits it, he's going to bust right through the head

I just about had a heart attack watching my $250 cymbal fly off the stand and slice into my kick drum. Thank God I tour with my Pearl kit and not my Truth... It's still got that battle scar.
Quote by MatrixClaw

I like this one.

that would be impressive
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by MatrixClaw

I like this one.

Or if he's a metal drummer, put nails into his kick beaters, so he f*&ks his heads when he does double kicks.

Or just loosen everything on the kit to the point where it'll sit still, but just fall apart as soon as it gets hit.
wow... what a ****ing idiot... I think the amp should be fine though.

My drummer used to switch to one hand, lean over my amp during solos and slide the volume up and down repeatedly. It got so annoying that one day while he was doing it I kicked his arm off the control panel and stamped on his hand... he dosen't do it anymore
You guys have some immature drummers. No way I'd keep getting hired if I did shit like that. Live or studio.
Quote by AxSilentxLine
I would have immediately taken a knife to each of his drum skins, then a hammer to his cymbals, and then maybe him haha. Hopefully it hasn't done any damage I don't think the amps will be damaged tbh the speakers on the other hand...

I'd have set fire to his drums and everything the dickhead has... excuse my language but thats a crime against music...
the amp should be fine.

this thread is too spammy, so im closing it. yes the guy is a jerk, but there is no need to completly destroy his kit or anything.