Page 1 of 3
The sun is shining, the shorts are out, you're having a beer with your closest mates in the garden. What's on your stereo?

For me, it's either The Beach Boys or Animal Collective

(I searchbarred and nothing came up, apologies if this has been done)
Yeah usualy some ska for me, more often than not the mighty mighty bosstones.
Today however it's stiff little fingers... that works too.

Edit: I also find myself listening to alot of the Queers and Screeching Weasel in nice weather.. alot of pop punk actually.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Last edited by alkalineweeman at May 22, 2010,
lynyrd skynyrd - sweet home alabama
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
I stood before the glittery borders of new radius In search of the fabled city of mud and crushed velvet, What I found was a gutter where the love of entertainment Meets the lust for blood and demerits.
Any surf music, especially The Surfaris. Pieces of the People We Love by The Rapture is the summer album for me.
TS, when you're listening to the Beach Boys, you need something to pretend to surf on.

Just remember, up the wave for 3, down for two.
Certain variations of Jazz. (Jazz captures any mood ^_^).
Joshua Redman's "Timeless Tales" (Hell it starts with summertime of course it'll be good for summer) and "Freedom in the Groove" are both great summery jazz albums.

I also agree with Ska to an extent.

Though I've been listening to a lot more poppier stuff as it's been getting warmer.
Like Orianthi (though that's all year round stuff for me :p
John Mayer
Bitter:Sweet (oh lord how good these are at capturing a summer mood, Salty Air and Take 2 Blue are perfect for summer)
And similar stuff.

Also Fusion is great, Greg Howe, Guthrie Govan, Pet Metheny, kind of similar to my reasoning for Jazz though.
Kids In Glass Houses or Pretty. Odd are the two that I love putting on. Other than that, maybe The Maccabees or some Skynyrd.
jónsi and elbow are both great for chilling in the summer.

Also Coldplay's debut Parachutes is great, especially in the evening.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by the bartender
jónsi and elbow are both great for chilling in the summer.

Also Coldplay's debut Parachutes is great, especially in the evening.

Agreed. I was lying outside at 1am the other night because it was so warm just chilling to Cast Of Thousands . Parachutes is a good summer evening driving album.
I don't listen to music to suit the weather, it's usually music that suits the way I feel.

But I do love to make music whilst the sun is out
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
I don't know why, but Lamb of God always reminds me of summer. Most of their song just kinda taste summery.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Summer Song - Satriani
Ain't It The Life - Foo Fighters
Oxygen - Feeder

They're all I need

EDIT: And Jack Johnson stuff and Free Bird
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
Last edited by archerygenious at May 22, 2010,
Quote by WhiteStripesIII
Agreed. I was lying outside at 1am the other night because it was so warm just chilling to Cast Of Thousands . Parachutes is a good summer evening driving album.

All elbow albums are great for summery days, I sat in the garden listening to Live version of The Seldom Seen Kid with the BBC Orchestra this morning, arguably one of the most beautifull things ever recorded. Yesterday was a day with Asleep in the Back on repeat .
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
The Misfits, i have no idea why
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
Page 1 of 3