ok, long story short, I have been looking for a tube amp for a while now. I play Blues and Rock, and I just want somthing with good cleans. I love fender cleans and will probably end up with a fender. I don't like marshall cleans at all. I will be running a Semi hollow body with humbuckers and a strat through this. i have pedals to do distortion, I just want somthing with a good clean. i probably have $2500 AUD to spend although my budget is unlimited because i will just save up more if i have to.

thanks.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
There's more than just fender and marshall out there. Plus for that sort of money, you could even go to boutique brands. That of course depends on how big you want the amp.
There are any number of Fender Twins on Au ebay well within your pricerange atm. Go at 'em

Ebay search for Fender Twin
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at May 22, 2010,
Dude you've got a cunt tonne of options with that kind of money even in Aus. Would you be willing to get something shipped over from the U.S? I've been looking at getting a used Bogner Uberschall shipped over for around that price. With that kind of money I really wouldn't bother relying on a pedal for distortion unless it's a really great pedal... Are you after just a head or a combo? It wouldn't be worth getting a combo shipped over...
With that kind of money it's worth checking out some really boutique stuff. Handmade amps from small companies can be an absolute dream. (i'e once had the chance to play through a hotcat 30 and vowed i'd one day be able to afford one)

f you're going with fender it depends on how "classic" you want you're sound and your look (which seems to be what you pay for quite a bit)? You looking for a vintage reissue or a modern version?
I've not played any reissues (none are stocked in my local stores) so can't comment on their sound compared to modern ones. I've played fenders twins though and they have really beautiful cleans really can't recommend them enough, and you should pretty much know the sound you're paying for
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
I would offer some advice but I like don't really know what's available in Oz. Seems like a BF Fender would do you fine though.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
see if you can find an Ulbrick, I played through one in a local store and it sounded amazing.

EDIT: They are an Australian boutique brand.
thanks for the replies. to doive- my sound is classic. think stevie ray vaughan, albert king, freddie king, AC/DC, pink floyd and Gary Moore all msuhed into one. to Cathbard- i don't have the money at the moment, Im saving up and then buying. to whoever suguested a line 6, No thank you :P, consecutive e- yeah, i don't care if its from the US or not. Yes, I forgot to mention, I am gigging, but small gigs so a 20w tube will do. i gave that price limit as im getting a 1982 jap strat for free, so i can allow the money that i would of spent on a strat on an amp.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
I say try a Mesa Lonestar. Theres one in the Swop Shop in Carlton right now, maybe check it out.
That or Ulbrick, I havent tried them personally though, but all I hear are good things.