worth it?are the easy to bend,and slide etc.

any other good string brands?
Last edited by archenemyfan at May 22, 2010,
Yes, they're brilliant. They last for ages.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
I've seen people sayin that they are slippery adn it is hard to bend...truth?
I found the feel to be a bit unnatural...I am a pure nickel guy. The Elixirs definitely did not work as well with slide play for me, but I didn't notice much difference in bends.
PRS SAS or Gibson LP Standard+
Teese WOF->Analogman Sunlion->Dr. Scientist Elements->Foxrox Aquavibe->Strymon Timeline->Eventide Space
Mesa RoadKing II and 2 Vox AC15s run in stereo
Quote by archenemyfan
I've seen people sayin that they are slippery adn it is hard to bend...truth?

Any string feels a bit slippery when new, it goes away since most strings start corroding quickly. With Elixirs it lasts longer. It never bothered me.

Quote by archenemyfan
how will they go with high output pups?

The same as any other string.

Really, it's no big deal. Just try them, they're just strings. Buying a pack of Elixirs is not a life altering decision.
They're good. I personally prefer GHS Boomers, though. One Elixirs pack last longer than most strings but no way it can outlast 3 packs of GHS boomers for the same price. and I find joy in changing strings.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by hminh87
They're good. I personally prefer GHS Boomers, though. One Elixirs pack last longer than most strings but no way it can outlast 3 packs of GHS boomers for the same price. and I find joy in changing strings.

Oh I find it a pain because all of my guitars have floating trems...

I was just asking because I am going to buy 5 sets for all my guitars..55$ total...wasnt just sure if they worth that price...
I don't want to interrupt the appraisal of the Polywebs BUT people do lie about them (in my experience).

My experience: A guitarist in my band changed to Polywebs. Played them for less than a month and he had split/breakage with one. He replaces it and a week later says
"I love Polywebs. I can play them for months and they'll sound good...do this...do that"

And that is what some might call an 'Epic Fail'.

From a psychological standpoint a lot of it could be hype.

If you have broadcast on your main news channel that "Everyone loves the new president/prime minister of such a country..." People will believe it. Especially if you throw a 'celebrity' in the there or let's say in this instance a guitar player from a band....

Also, from a gear and maintenance point of view (as pointed out previously) it's better to restring often, with cheaper traditional and time proven materials(I'll assume polywebs are cost more), it keeps you familiar with your gear and enables you to clean it and polish it more often.

I wouldn't believe a pro would do 12 shows and use the same strings anyway.

Then again I'm a bassist and I apologise for the negativity drawn towards the topic but it is a different point of view.

Anyway, whatever strings feel right. If they feel a bit better then I'd use them but I wouldn't let other peoples thoughts/feelings/experience effect mine in any way.

Try them on one guitar first ArchEnemy Fan
I collect clothes and IKEA furniture. Who are you?
eh instead I went for 4 D'addario 3 XL pack including thier EXP coated strings for free

so I get 4 packs of their coated strings as well as get 12 packs of normal strings all for less than the price of 5 packs of elixirs

better bang for buck
Quote by Ryan D' Ale
I don't want to interrupt the appraisal of the Polywebs BUT people do lie about them (in my experience).

My experience: A guitarist in my band changed to Polywebs. Played them for less than a month and he had split/breakage with one. He replaces it and a week later says
"I love Polywebs. I can play them for months and they'll sound good...do this...do that"

And that is what some might call an 'Epic Fail'.

From a psychological standpoint a lot of it could be hype.

If you have broadcast on your main news channel that "Everyone loves the new president/prime minister of such a country..." People will believe it. Especially if you throw a 'celebrity' in the there or let's say in this instance a guitar player from a band....

Also, from a gear and maintenance point of view (as pointed out previously) it's better to restring often, with cheaper traditional and time proven materials(I'll assume polywebs are cost more), it keeps you familiar with your gear and enables you to clean it and polish it more often.

I wouldn't believe a pro would do 12 shows and use the same strings anyway.

Then again I'm a bassist and I apologise for the negativity drawn towards the topic but it is a different point of view.

Anyway, whatever strings feel right. If they feel a bit better then I'd use them but I wouldn't let other peoples thoughts/feelings/experience effect mine in any way.

Try them on one guitar first ArchEnemy Fan

String breakage isnt because of the string brand, thats something with his guitar or something he made happen.
Quote by Jackamedmos
String breakage isnt because of the string brand, thats something with his guitar or something he made happen.

I agree, that's why I wasn't as forthcoming as to say "the string broke" because I know the guy is a complete tool who thinks he knows everything but probably can't restring a guitar in the way it should be done.
I collect clothes and IKEA furniture. Who are you?