It's about the best EQ "Pedal" you can buy......no Hiss pretty silent quality pedal
Its a great pedal, but its kinda overkill if you aren't a tone freak, 6 Band EQ seems sufficient for me. The Kerry King signature 10 band IMO is worth buying though since it gives you two outputs in parallel so you can run stereo amps or a wet/dry or anything you can think of doing with two outputs.
hmm the KK sig sounds useful, in honesty, im not 100% happy with my limited range 3 band on my amp, look slike ill be picking one up this month, not to decide between kk and normal one! ill check the price difference!

looking at the kk model, is £40 really juystifaiable for 1 extra output and a pretty patern?>
Last edited by Lespauljames at May 22, 2010,
I think it boils down to how much you'd use the parallel output. If you like the idea of running a aforementioned stereo amps or wet/dry, I think its justified, but if you really can't see yourself being in a situation to warrant the extra 40 and output, go for the original 10.
The BOSS is said to be more noisy than the MXR, and it has less range of boost/cut as well if I remember correctly, not to mention fewer bands.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I see you have a VK. The 10-band makes a very big difference with it. Good luck.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Well, probably not, because the JCM is a much better amp from the get-go (doesn't have the intense problems with muddiness as the Valveking does, for example) but it will still allow for alot of tone-shaping possibilities. With the VK I had to leave the EQ always on, but you can use it for a solo boost, perhaps.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D