The Big Four Live advert recently aired, and there was a clip of Anthrax performing a song that I really like the sound of. Anyone know the name of that song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAUSwJXxc4Y
Quote by whalepudding
Look at your guitar. Is it small, stripy, and honey-producing? If so, you might have gotten it mixed up with a bee.

Quote by WillPlayForFood
My last room mate came hoem drunk kicked my door in and proceeded to roll me up into my futon matress. He can go to hell for that.
Among the Living. Terrible song from their second worst album, btw; listen to Persistence of Time instead.
Quote by HamburgerBoy
Among the Living. Terrible song from their second worst album, btw; listen to Persistence of Time instead.

Lol, you're kidding right?
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by isabiggles
Lol, you're kidding right?

Among the Living is all the bland riffage of groove metal and all the whine of later and less tr00 forms of metal, with none of the modern production or angst to back them up.

With Persistence of Time they got an acceptably modern production, kept the chugging mid-tempo riffage but increased the technicality a bit to make it more interesting, and probably gave Mellodrama a shot or two of testosterone as well since he's much less nasally and grating there.
Last edited by HamburgerBoy at May 22, 2010,

Oh HamburgerBoy, the fun never ends with you.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
I'm serious. When I first discovered that Metallica and Megadeth weren't the be all, end all (no reference to that incredibly shitty Anthrax song intended) of metal and further discovered that they played something called "thrash metal" I was eager to check out who the other members of this big four were. Initially I detested both Slayer and Anthrax, but as I got used to heavier forms of metal I accepted the former, and when I accepted mainstream once-thrash metal I learned to tolerate the John Bush era of Anthrax. The middle two Belladonna albums are simply the worst thing to happen to thrash metal, and speaking personally, are a rare of case of 80's metal that literally makes me sick. The thin production, the hammed-up hot-topic-of-the-day political lyrics, their pussy vocalist's singing of them, the fact that their musicians are easily among the least creative in the genre grates on me incredibly. Even if I turn the volume down and try to let it slide as background music I'll grow more and more irate attempting in vain to ignore the total hackery of those albums.
Quote by HamburgerBoy
a rare of case of 80's metal that literally makes me sick.

You know, I've heard some pretty shit music, but none of it's made me hurl just yet.
Me and Hamburger have pretty similar opinions on the 'Thrax actually. I really can't stand them because of their generally below average vocals, lame production and lack of creativity/good riffs. I can stomach a few songs off each of the early Belladonna albums, but I've never actually listened to Fistful Of Metal (which I think I should) or any of the Bush releases (which I will avoid like the plague, never liked Bush's vocals).
Quote by guitgrinder
Yep. I'm real mad. I got done havin some fun jammin w/ my band today, gonna have a Sloppy Joe dinner, w/ Tater Tots covered in chili, then my girlfriends gonna blow me tonight. I've got lots to be mad about!
Hamburger Boy, your opinion is wrong.
Quote by the_white_bunny

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Anti-Social is better. They were a punk band at heart, I think.
Quote by silent caution
When i was younger i used to pee in peoples shoes and blame their dog
Quote by The Frayed Ends
*post*
You really should listen to Fistful. I don't think it's that great, but Fred used to rave about it all the time, so there might be something for you.

...would you love me?
I have the albums Fistful Of Metal, Among The Living, and Spreading The Disease. Anthrax is was the least technicality proficient of the Big Four (that could easily go to Slayer or Metallica depending on ones view), but they were the most "relaxed" they were able to crossover to Rap with Public Enemy In "Bring The Noise" and "Im The Man" also shows their openness to Rap.

They aren't a bad band at all they just have a different "flavor' to them

I actually liked Joey Belladonna's vocals; they were more funny and sounded like just a guy having a good time (compared to James, Tom, and Dave anyway of the rest of the Big Four). Now as for the Bush Era... it wasn't that bad but it was a more watered down mainstream time (as in the song "Safe Home") but then again many bands changed during that time

So even though Anthrax might not have been the best, they were able to crossover to other genres and still had an impact on the world and metal community today.

Alright I just wrote a lot lol.
My username is a Misnomer.

Im not into the whole drug scene....

I just think Fire is Boss.

Who the **** cares about technical proficiency?
Quote by the_white_bunny

Quote by the_white_bunny
Meshuggah lol. Still gotta love Anthrax though right?
My username is a Misnomer.

Im not into the whole drug scene....

I just think Fire is Boss.

Quote by we_built_a_tree
You really should listen to Fistful. I don't think it's that great, but Fred used to rave about it all the time, so there might be something for you.

I'll get on it sometime. I'd like to not completely hate Anthrax.
Quote by guitgrinder
Yep. I'm real mad. I got done havin some fun jammin w/ my band today, gonna have a Sloppy Joe dinner, w/ Tater Tots covered in chili, then my girlfriends gonna blow me tonight. I've got lots to be mad about!
Quote by The Frayed Ends
I'll get on it sometime. I'd like to not completely hate Anthrax.
I never hated them, I just find them to be very boring now. I'll still blast the first six songs of AtL every now and then when I want something to sing along to, though.

...would you love me?
Quote by webbtje
You know, I've heard some pretty shit music, but none of it's made me hurl just yet.

Not that sick, but it makes me light-headed, unfocused, and slightly nauseous. Sort of like what listening to noise rock or drone metal will do to certain people. I honestly detest those albums.