Page 1 of 2
I can't think of any sane reason; by eating our own dead we could effectively treat the overpopulation and global hunger crises, while sparing animals at the same time.

Arguments against?

Quote by silent caution
When i was younger i used to pee in peoples shoes and blame their dog
The morality of eating your loved ones?
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
Quote by Chylyn
I can't think of any sane reason; by eating our own dead we could effectively treat the overpopulation and global hunger crises, while sparing animals at the same time.

Arguments against?

Even though you're new, I like you already for being a fellow Hannibal Lecter fan.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Chylyn

Arguments against?

How in the **** does it help our overpopulation if they're ****ing dead? Not to mention you're probably not in a third world country so why in the hell would you eat a body? You're not starving.

I swear people get ****ing stupider every day.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Colgate Total
How in the **** does it help our overpopulation if they're ****ing dead? Not to mention you're probably not in a third world country so why in the hell would you eat a body? You're not starving.

the overpopulation could eat the dead people because they don't have regular food to eat.

MC name = Bearrorism
Quote by Colgate Total

Pretty much my take on the matter.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Because human's a bit stringy, though I'm told it tastes great with a good pepper sauce.
Last edited by webbtje at May 22, 2010,
It's frowned upon because people have a greater personal connection with other people, more so than they would a fish. Also, cannibalism is historically known as a habit if the uncivillised.

Thirdly, can you imagine the fuss Peta would kick up?
Well for one human apparently tastes pretty assy, which is why most animals spit us out after they've had a bite.

Also you're not solving any crisis unless you kill them for food instead of letting them die of natural causes, which by the way, is very much illegal EVERYWHERE.

Cause I don't want the fear of my dick getting bitten off every time I get a blowjob.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

It's not a rational argument, but an emotional one... could you bear with the idea of eating a person that once had a life, a family, their own thoughts and emotions, that you might even had liked to talk to if you have met...?

Of course, by the same reasoning, why do we eat animals? They have basic feelings as well, and some of them aren't that inferior to us. But we eat them anyway because it's a part of survival (although I'd rather avoid it except in case of real necessity.... we kill, and breed to kill, way too much for what we need).

Well, I wouldn't be able to accept cannibalism, and I think most people wouldn't. But I agree there's no real rational argument for it, just our (subjective) morals.

EDIT Of course the only situation where this "might" be acceptable under different morals than ours would be for people that died of accident or unrelated murder, healthy bodies that were killed before their time. Other ideas are just plain stupid.
Last edited by |_JR_| at May 22, 2010,
Quote by shattamakar
Cause I don't want the fear of my dick getting bitten off every time I get a blowjob.

You don't eat the dick of a chicken or a cow, do you? What's the difference?
Quote by silent caution
It's murder... Murder is illegal... So by the transitive property... Cannibalism= ILLEGAL!

The Pit has hit a new low...
Gear:
Squier Affinity Series Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Line 6 Spider
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
BOSS DD-3

"Wish I Had This" Gear:
Guitars- G&L, Gibson, PRS
Amps- Egnater, Bogner
Effects- Fulltone, JHS, Eventide
antilian people taste like chicken
Quote by palefire
Should point out that Doctor Rock has a point, by the way - we do have some of the biggest nutters (usually in a funny way) in the country.

Londons Burning!
dahdahdahdahdah!
Quote by CGB89
It's murder... Murder is illegal... So by the transitive property... Cannibalism= ILLEGAL!

Yeah, eating a dead bloke is murder.
I've heard that there are chemicals in human flesh that are simuilar to drugs. (this is an argument pro cannibalism by the way :P)

And I think it's quite tasty, human flesh. Think about it, we live very healthy and eat the best food there is.
Quote by CGB89

The Pit has hit a new low...

Yea, the new low being you thinking cannibalism is murder.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
What would you do if somebody cannibalized your girlfriend?

Probably take a chunk with a bit of garlic butter and a glass of Syrah, no point in her going to waste.
Quote by webbtje
Yeah, eating a dead bloke is murder.

Ignoring the legal aspects of it, where are you going to get a body to eat? People you know just don't die on a daily basis and I doubt a family of someone who has died is going to let some sick bastard eat their relative's corpse.

Aside from being morally appalling, it's just not economical. All of this is ignoring the possibility that one of the bodies might have gangrene or cellulitis or any nasty ass infections (or any illness).
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Quote by Chylyn
You don't eat the dick of a chicken or a cow, do you? What's the difference?

1. Cows and chickens don't have dicks.
2. You would get along with them.
Quote by thanksgiving
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Quote by Colgate Total
Ignoring the legal aspects of it, where are you going to get a body to eat? People you know just don't die on a daily basis and I doubt a family of someone who has died is going to let some sick bastard eat their relative's corpse.

I'm not being legal, is it murder to nosh away at a bloke who's specified that he wants to be eaten in his will? Particularly someone who is... you know... dead? There I was thinking murder was, you know, the killing. Not, you know, what happens to the body after it's dead. Note the specificities of the OP and the statement I was responding to, by the way.

Also, why aren't you Colgate Troll anymore. That's shit.
Last edited by webbtje at May 22, 2010,
but what about eating george bush?
Quote by palefire
Should point out that Doctor Rock has a point, by the way - we do have some of the biggest nutters (usually in a funny way) in the country.

Londons Burning!
dahdahdahdahdah!
Quote by shattamakar

Only cocks and bulls have dicks
Quote by palefire

Londons Burning!
dahdahdahdahdah!
Quote by shattamakar

*Sigh* You don't eat the GENITALIA of a chicken, do ye?
Quote by silent caution
Quote by Chylyn
*Sigh* You don't eat the GENITALIA of a chicken, do ye?

i ate chicken breast once
Quote by palefire

Londons Burning!
dahdahdahdahdah!
Quote by Colgate Total
Aside from being morally appalling, it's just not economical. All of this is ignoring the possibility that one of the bodies might have gangrene or cellulitis or any nasty ass infections (or any illness).
That gave me some grim thoughts.
Quote by thanksgiving
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

dude you just hitted a new low, posting in the pit means: lol answers
but your thread just made us all sick!
Quote by palefire

Londons Burning!
dahdahdahdahdah!
Quote by shattamakar
Must not feed the troll

Don't worry, you're safe, he'll only eat you if you're dead.
because human beings see themselves as higher and better than other creatures so eating one would be seen as immoral. i don't know why i spoke about humans as if i wasn't one but thats it.
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Morally reprehensible? Perhaps. Delicious? Most certainly.

I think anything that's cooked in the right way would taste very good. Especially if I despised the person I happened to be eating.

I have almost the same view of the world as Dr. Lecter does, so I can see how I could justify it. Plus I'm a damn good cook. It'd be a perfectly savory meal.
because the taste varies from person to person >_>

and seriously because you wouldn't have the balls to.
Quote by halo43
Morally reprehensible? Perhaps. Delicious? Most certainly.

I think anything that's cooked in the right way would taste very good. Especially if I despised the person I happened to be eating.

I have almost the same view of the world as Dr. Lecter does, so I can see how I could justify it. Plus I'm a damn good cook. It'd be a perfectly savory meal.

I can see how cheering for the Sharks would make someone batshit crazy enough to resort to cannibalism. >.>
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Quote by Chylyn
I can't think of any sane reason

this tells us just how insane you must really be...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Quote by damian_91
Human meat doesn't taste that good.

Human meat is quite delicious if correctly prepared both before and after death.
Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
Remember us - if at all - not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
Page 1 of 2