Page 1 of 2
Question for all you Canadian UG'ers: I've decided to take a trip to Canada in the next few months, but I'm not sure which part I should visit.
Just to give you some background...

- I'll be travelling alone, so I don't really care all that much about nightlife, because I won't have friends around to enjoy it with.
- I'd probably like to go to one of the larger cities, but at the same time, I don't want to go somewhere too expensive.
- I'll be more interested in doing cultural crap, and I don't care if the weather is good or not.

Ideas?
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

Go to French Canada....It's the best.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

quebec= lame lol ... but seriously you can have a blast no matter where you are in canada.. me personally i always loved the east coast over the interior and western provinces
Pissing people off since 1987

ESP/LTD MH 401 Stop tail
ESP/LTD MH 401 Floyd Rose
IBANEZ AM93 TKS
Rivera KnuckleHead Reverb
ISP Decimator
MXR KFK-1 10 Band EQ
British Colombia, Maritime provinces or Quebec are probably the best if you want to go sightseeing, or check out culture, etc. I've never been to Quebec, but Northern/French-speaking Ontario is pretty great, so Quebec is probably worlds better. B.C. and Nova Scotia are amazing though. Just stay away from the GTA really unless you want to see the Toronto nightlife type stuff.

EDIT: Wherever you end up going, bring a camera.

EDIT2: Niagara Falls is pretty nice too, although it's quite a tourist trap.
Last edited by GRiMM94 at May 22, 2010,
Canada is pretty fun all over I think. Niagara Falls, Toronto, and Ottawa are good, there all in Ontario. I imagine British Columbia is a nice place as well.
Don't mind shitty weather? You have no friends? Want to do cultural shit rather than get drunk and get laid?

You'd fit right in with the people in Vancouver.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Dude, sounds like you wanna come to Vancouver! Nothing's more amazing than the west coast of BC! From Vancouver you can go north to Whistler, hop on a ferry west to Vancouver Island, check out Tofino when you're on the island, then you can hop back on the ferry and head to Kelowna, and keep going up to the BC and Alberta border and visit Banff!! If you've never heard of it, google it and check it out man. Amazing place!
Lyrics: Time wasted between solos.

After a mindboggling 3-hour Steve Vai concert, I had to listen to some brainless guitar playing... so I put on Nevermind...

Jesus Rocks!
Quote by Colgate Total
Don't mind shitty weather? You have no friends? Want to do cultural shit rather than get drunk and get laid?

Hey, I never said anything about not wanting to do that.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.

Nova Scotia is pretty sweet, even with its lack of goings on.

I live here and I dont' think i'd rather live anywhere else. The Halifax music scene is pretty rockin and there's all kinda of old history going on around the province.
Quote by bodyheatseeker
Hey, I never said anything about not wanting to do that.

If you want poon, go to Montreal. From the sounds of what you are looking for BC would be the best place for you to go though.
Quote by arthurt420
quebec= lame lol ... but seriously you can have a blast no matter where you are in canada.. me personally i always loved the east coast over the interior and western provinces

even the Yukon? lol

anyways, Quebec is pretty cool. i was there on Bon St. John day. (yet another party day) theres a huge waterfall kinda near Quebec city thats kinda cool. Never been anywhere else in Canada, but it was cool.
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Why go to Canada, when we've got a pretty good simulation in Rochester, NY?
Quote by Thrashtastic15
If you want poon, go to Montreal. From the sounds of what you are looking for BC would be the best place for you to go though.

April through June is riot season in Montreal. I'd stay away this time of year.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Definitely British Columbia.
Vancouver is a gorgeous city.
Quote by guitar-guy01
do what this guy says, he is wise
British Columbia is beautiful if your into that but if you want city stuff then come to Toronto or Southern Ontario area, or Montreal

EDIT: yeah actually its playoff time in Montreal so don't go there... you might wake up naked with red,white and blue paint all over you and the canadiens symbol on your chest
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Last edited by bass-man9712 at May 22, 2010,
Quote by L2112Lif
Why go to Canada, when we've got a pretty good simulation in Rochester, NY?

I know a girl from Rochester, she told me it ain't all that.

The consensus seems to be somewhere in BC, so I guess that's where I'll go.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.

Go adventuring through the wild plains of Saskatchewan, nothing but fun as far as the eye can see.
BEEP

<_<

>_>

Beeeeeeeeep
Quote by Bmag37
Go adventuring through the wild plains of Saskatchewan, nothing but fun as far as the eye can see.

Dick move.
Quote by Bmag37

EDIT:
Quote by Doctor Matthews
He didn't say he wanted to get stoned, raped, and robbed.

Yeah, I'd like to avoid robbery and buggery, if at all possible.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.

Last edited by bodyheatseeker at May 22, 2010,
Quote by Colgate Total

He didn't say he wanted to get stoned, raped, and robbed.
MATTERHORN
Go to Montreal, i've only been there twice, but it is my favourite place in canada i have so far seen.
DO NOT COME TO MONTREAL.

seriously i live here and its just blah, sounds like PEI is best, they have good ice cream too.....mhmmm ice cream
Epiphone Dot Cherry red
Fender Standard Stratocaster black 1980s model
Epiphone EJ-200CE Natural
Telecaster Fender custom
Roland Micro Cube
Fender Hot Rod DeVille
orange tiny terror
Quote by Bmag37

Yup, You can watch your dog run away for a week.

More on topic. BC is the best, other than vancouver, I recommend checking out the the okanogan valley or vancouver island. Alberta isn't bad in the summer either, you could see banff or go to the calgary stampede.
Mr. Butlertron are you A handsome B smart C scrap metal or D all of the above
Scangrade thats easy I'm A and B but not C, so it can't be all of the above, but you can't fill in two ovals Nooo!
Mr. Butlertron the answer is C... you fuckwad
Quote by bodyheatseeker
The consensus seems to be somewhere in BC, so I guess that's where I'll go.

If that's that case, remember that the province doesn't end at 100 mile house or Port Hardy

You can have a pretty amazing trip if you have the time. If you're coming from the US border or flying in to Vancouver, I'd spend only a little time in Vancouver and make my way to Victoria on Vancouver Island, make sure to hit up Tofino, then head north to Port Hardy and take a ferry to the Queen Charlotte Islands. When you're done there you can ferry across to Prince Rupert and drive to Prince George. From here, you could either drive through Central BC back to Vancouver or the Okanagan and head to US border, OR you could drive to Banff, then on to Calgary, then come through the Okanagan and keep going to Vancouver or just head south to the border.

That covers pretty much the whole province, and you're only missing the towns in the farthest north areas which are far off the main drag of roads. If you want to go and see the farth north of British Columbia, Fort St. John would probably be your destination.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Ignore anyone saying to go to Quebec unless you can, or plan on learning to, speak fluent french. They are huge assholes there to the non-francophone. I know this from personal experience, and I doubt anyone is that surprised that the french are a bit snobby. But otherwise there are lots of great cities and amazing food in Quebec.

I live in Ontario, Windsor to be specific and I've been trying to move for a while now. Just a heads up, don't move to Windsor unless you don't want a job, or if you want respiratory problems and violence downtown (after all, we are just a bridge away from Detroit). B.C is really nice however, and has some nice cities there (Vancouver, Kelowna, Kamloops, Victoria.). They also have good weed there too in case you are into that. It is also situated at the Rocky Mountains, so you get a beautiful scenery. It is kinda expensive their, but I think you also get paid better over there too so it's all relative. Now there is also the Maritime provinces. I've never been to any of them, however I have friends from there, and I'm told it is nice. They have a large Irish, Scottish, and Welsh influence there (Nova Scotia=New Scotland). They also have strange accents too which is rather amusing. If you want a run down of what the Prairie provinces are like, watch Corner Gas, you will not want to go there unless you're into farming and really small cities.

Now back to Southern Ontario. We have a few big cities here too such as Toronto (biggest city in Canada). You probably won't want to go there though unless you like the fast-paced, commercial life. It is the concrete jungle of Canada. There are some nice cities in Central Ontario such as Sudbury. But if I were to choose a relatively big city that also has nice scenery, I'd go with Niagara Falls. It also has one of the seven wonders of the world, and Clifton Hill (look it up). I'm not sure how expensive it is however, but I'm sure it isn't too pricey. If you were to choose there, I'd say to buy a house in Niagara On The Lake, as it is less busy and a beautiful area (though probably more expensive).
Quote by shattamakar
Go to French Canada....It's the best.

Shut up.

Go to Vancouver, west Canada is best Canada.
western part of canada. i've seen most of eastern canada...it's not all that great.
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
You're not hearing from much of us because we're one of the smallest (South Park forgot aboot us on their map of Canada in both the movie AND the shows!) but you should come to Nova Scotia! We've got a mix of everything: We're like a smaller BC, we have a lot of French areas (one of the first inhabitants were the Acadians), the home of Canada's Navy (soon to be having its 100th Anniversary). the concerts in the summer have featured Alice Cooper, who even has his own radio show every night on Q104, the Rolling Stones, Kiss, Paul McCartney, and, this summer, Megadeth, Slayer, Testament and I think Machine Head will be with them. In the 90's we were called Canada's Seattle for our grunge scene, and we are all very nice people.

Now get down here and spend some cash!
Quote by Kensai
Don't dig up the past, TS. You're not gonna like what you find.
even though this is a month old, go to Newfoundland if you want to get drunk with random people. Go to Vancouver if you prefer dick. Go to Calgary if you want to make money. Go to Toronto if you like being the center of attention. Go to Banff if you like mountains and cultural stuff. Come to Calgary anytime between July 9th and 19th if you want to have a rockin' time.
Quebec is pretty interesting, Vancouver's nice too, but insanely expensive... Toronto and Ottawa are alright, but not too special....

Honestly, you chose a pretty boring place to visit.
Montreal is calling you. Toronto, its kinda nice but its a city filled with douchebags... its like the New York of Canada. I live in Toronto and I honestly prefer the vibe of Quebec more. Just don't go there April-June cause its a riot there.

Hang off until December. Then go to Ottawa, Ontario on the 20th. Be at Baylon for 19:00. Good times will ensue.
Quote by MinterMan22
Montreal is calling you. Toronto, its kinda nice but its a city filled with douchebags...

and the French of Montreal aren't dicks? Try driving around there with an Ontario liscense plate, that's enough proof for them being douchebags.
Quote by thrashaholic666
ive been to canada a few times. its like a liberal mix between france and america.

go to new brunswick.

Don't listen to this guy. I live in NB, and it sucks ass.
Page 1 of 2