I actually decided to start restringing my guitar after I watch a couple of video's (from experts) on how to do it. So far I have been trying to string up the first string on the guitar and it won't Bend and lock itself. What am I doing wrong or is it the guitar?

These are the things I did to it

@ I made sure the bridge is perfectly fine

@ I put more tension (well not enough to break the neck) on it because I took out all the old strings

@ The peg is at 90 degrees which the big hole is facing right.

@ some vidoes by experts say to wind the peg when the string is in. which i did.

@ I put 3 fingers below the string (probably were its pressured) and it's in it's neck slot.
the stretchy yam
e|----x-----|
b|----5-----|
g|----x-----|
d|----10---|
a|----0-----|
e|----0-----|
An unnecessary Am chord

I has Encore strat, specail 2 les paul, a classic guitar, ebow, Vox v845 Classic wah wah pedal WBO pedal
i think you need to hold the string up and have the rest of the string wind around it, that way it'll lock in... i fail horribly at this too though :p

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
Quote by Ippon

Ahem...
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Guitars have strings? I thought ALL guitars these days have 5 colored buttons, a flippy thingy, and a crappy whammy bar...

Jk. It takes practice. Like learning to change the clutch on a bike.
Life is about taking risks, as long as the risks aren't too risky.
Quote by Mike-T93
Is this what you're trying to do?

YESSSSSSS
the stretchy yam
e|----x-----|
b|----5-----|
g|----x-----|
d|----10---|
a|----0-----|
e|----0-----|
An unnecessary Am chord

I has Encore strat, specail 2 les paul, a classic guitar, ebow, Vox v845 Classic wah wah pedal WBO pedal
Yay
the stretchy yam
e|----x-----|
b|----5-----|
g|----x-----|
d|----10---|
a|----0-----|
e|----0-----|
An unnecessary Am chord

Quote by jamesclark111
Yay

Then follow the directions in that image that Ippon posted and I quoted.
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!