I am building my pedalboard, and am just wondering what is the point of the Vodoo Labs Pedal Power 2+ over the 1 spot daisy chain to power my pedals. i already tried the searchbar, so please do not suggest that
well the voodoo labs's outputs are isolated isolated, and lets you have different voltages (as far as i'm aware). I haven't tried either, but that's two pretty big differences.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The difference as it applies to you can be be huge or completely insignificant. It all depends on what pedals you are running.

The VooDoo Lab unit can power anything as long as it is DC. It can provide anywhere from 4-24 volts and up to 400 mA of current. Each power output on the VooDoo Lab is isolated as well so they don't share a ground. This eliminates ground hum noise that you typically get with pedal boards. Daisy chains like the 1spot are very susceptible to this hum as they all share one ground.

I use two of the Pedal Power 2+ units to power my pedals because I know that I don't have to worry about powering anything I pick up and my signal chain will always be silent related to power/grounding.

So basically, what pedals are you using?
Last edited by jimtaka at May 22, 2010,
Quote by jimtaka
It can provide anywhere from 4-24 volts and up to 400 mA of current.

i have a visual sound jekyll and hyde, route 66, and H20, as well as a Korg tuner.
I'd imagine that if you are going to run all Visual Sound pedals then the 1spot should probably be fine since Visual Sound makes the 1spot. I believe they design all of their pedals to run on 9VDC and low current draw... which is what the 1spot provides. The only thing you can really do is try one out and see what happens. If you hook everything up with a 1spot and you have a constant hum going on then I'd try a VooDoo Lab supply or a T-Rex supply like mentioned in the post above.
Quote by forsaknazrael
double isolated for toanz

hahahahahahahaha
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by jimtaka

The VooDoo Lab unit can power anything as long as it is DC. It can provide anywhere from 4-24 volts

This not true, my Radialtone that runs at 15vDC at 400 mA can't be powered by it, but yeah, it can power alot of things. Also note that there is an AC outlet on the back, so yeah it can power AC or pedals that use funky adapters like the Tonebone, wich makes it even more convenient.
The outlet on the back will happily power your Radialtone if you have an adapter So I guess as long as you don't have more than one pedal that requires more than 400 mA at 12V or 100 mA at 24V then it will power anything that is DC.

Really it's like I said, it depends on what pedals you are running. I'd say that 99.9% of the time, a Pedal Power 2+ can power anything and everything DC on your pedal board.