im looking for an amp that can get me close to a SRV tone. I've only got around $500, i've got some more coming soon but im trying to stay as cheap as i can and still get what i want.

i will probobly need at least a 15 watt so i can play with a drummer if i want to (i dont gig, and i have dampeners on my drumset to quieten it up a bit)

i play mostly blues, classic rock, and punk rock but he main tone im going for is something close to SRV, and it would hurt to be able to get some good GnR tones to :p
get a fender blues junior and a tubescreamer. should get good SRV sound with strat and gain on the pedal pretty low, and with humbuckers you could get good hard rock sounds with higher gain
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Fender HotRod Deluxe is what I'm thinking, and a Tubescreamer pedal wouldn't hurt either if you want higher gain shtuff.
Quote by Jackal58
I eat dead meat all the time. You don't have to chase it around your plate and it doesn't try to peck your eyes out.

It Happens.

My Gear:

-Custom Fender MIM Black Strat
-Mesa/Boogie Rect-O-Verb
-Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
i'll look into both of those amps, and i've been looking for a cheap used tubescreamer with no luck for the past couple months, guess i'll probobly have to buy a new one after i get enough for my amp since i was planning on getting one anyways
ohh, one thing i forgot to mention, i would also like an amp that takes pedals well. I will be running a wah, chorus, EQ, and OD through it most likely
this is exactly what you want for an amp. fender pro junior combo 15w all tube 10in speaker. for a pedal, you can use a tube screamer or any boost pedal. if you want a tube screamer that has lots of sounds in one pedal get the keeley modded Ibanez TS9DX FLEXI. a quick google search says SRV used ibanez TS808. if you want to be exactly like him than do that. if you want a nice blues tone, clean boosts are great for keeping the sound of the guitar.

Ibanez TS808 re-issue
TS808HW hand wired ($350!!)
fuchs plush cream (I would buy this over all the other pedals I have listed for SRV sound)
review of crowther hotcake on ultimate-guitar
ac booster
rc booster
keeley modded TS9DX flexi
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
ive just been checking local music stores/pawn shops and craigslist for the TS, and im not worried about getting the pedal right away, i'll start saving again after i get my amp, or try and trade on craigslist for one
any thoughts on the peavey windsor head? i saw one at my local music store for $250 but i didnt get a chance to play it since i was in a hurry. Im mainly just worried about the clean tone, and if it takes pedals well, any thoughts from someone whos played/has this amp would be great
You should get a Maxon OD-9, not a tubescreamer. Maxon made the original tubescreamers, plus the maxon pedals have true bypass. Plus they have the closest sound to the original tube screamers (which were better.)
You should get a Maxon OD-9, not a tubescreamer. Maxon made the original tubescreamers, plus the maxon pedals have true bypass. Plus they have the closest sound to the original tube screamers (which were better.)
i've been watching some demos of the windsor and it seems to get alot of the classic rock and punk tones i was wanting, is this a decent amp to get and then just save up for another head that handles cleans later?
its not a bad amp at all. they copy them marshalls and makes em in chineese country.
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.