My project (unnamed) currently has no drummer or Bassist. So I tried to write some drum tracks in Reaper using EZDrummer DFH but they sounded like c***. I can't write drums even I want. Where I can find drumloops in midi? (for metal of course) I know, the EZD has built in loops but I can't use them.

And how can I make a guitar sound like a Bass? I tried some pitch shifting, but sounded very digital (the guitar rig's pich shifter shifted randomly beetwen the octaved and the original sound) and I have no money for a Bass.
get the 4front bass plugin, and it'll let you make basslines in reaper with midi, just like you did with EZD. as far as the drums, just use beats that are basic as possible (hi hat on every beat, snare and bass drum alternating). and make sure you dont use the default snare on drumkit from hell, because especially when you're using full velocity of 127, it sounds like a freakin tin can
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Last edited by nutinpwnsgibson at May 22, 2010,
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
get the 4front bass plugin, and it'll let you make basslines in reaper with midi, just like you did with EZD. as far as the drums, just use beats that are basic as possible (hi hat on every beat, snare and bass drum alternating). and make sure you dont use the default snare on drumkit from hell, because especially when you're using full velocity of 127, it sounds like a freakin tin can

I used, but it was too simple for backing my more complex metal (prog. groove metal). Sometimes I use odd time signatures, which isn't the biggest problem. Hearing punkish grooves under complex riffs.
I have a drummer friend, I ask him for some help.

I tried several bass plugins, but they was worse, than the pitch shifting method (it isn't bad, until you didn't shift down too much.), except this. Also, it's larger, than the EVM bass synthesizer, maybe better.
the 4front sounds ok to me, unless some parts of the song are really bass oriented, but its up to you. i'm ok at making drum parts with odd time signatures and stuff, if you sent me the song i could make a midi file for you?
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
I've never liked EzDrummer. The quality of the drums leaves nothing to be enjoyed. Anyways, there are a few sites out there where you can buy Midi Drum Loops for a decent price with a large amount of files. Groove Monkee is one of them but the quality is alright. Download the demo of their files and see if you like it first.

As for Bass, theres only one good Bass sim on the market. If you've got the money, get Scarbee Bass by Native Instruments. Its the best sounding of them. I've never been a fan of pitch shifting mainly cuz it sounds bad no matter what. Either that or just buy a cheap squire bass. I did and you can't tell the difference between that and a American Fender Bass
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp