I'm going to GC in a little bit, and I don't want to just grab every guitar I see.
What are some guitars that I should try out? I'm in a band that plays alternative stuff like Muse/Coldplay style stuff, and then some sorta heavier stuff like RHCP.
Thanks.
Sending a dummy to my God.

i vote semi-hollow bodies.
Gear:
Agile 2000 2ts
ESP LTD Eclipse 1000, ASB
Amps:
Crate GTD65
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
you can't go wrong with a lespaul, you could find nice some h-s-s or h-s-h guitars, check musicmans and other brands too, you may need a lot of effects and a decent gain distortion and not just one clean that's tricky, just try everything you can.
les paul studio deluxe.
2010 Epiphone Dot
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe
2009 Taylor 110 acoustic
Quote by AcousticMirror
seriously just grab every guitar that looks awesome.

This you'll be limiting yourself otherwise and who knows you may find something odd that suits you perfectly.
Quote by AcousticMirror
seriously just grab every guitar that looks awesome.

This. If you have a guitar you hate the look of, you won't be motivated to play it. A lot of people on this site disagree, and I really disagree with them... A guitar isn't just a tool. Choosing a guitar is a very personal and intimate experience.

So, to the TS: If a guitar catches your eye, play it. Play every single one you find attractive, then out of all of those, choose the one that feels the best.

When choosing, I find that the only thing that is negligible is sound - a guitar's sound is the easiest thing to alter about a guitar. New amp, new pedals, new pickups, the ways to do it are endless. The way a guitar feels can't be altered, so that should be most important in deciding.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
i'd say the strat... once i spent like 4 hours trying out guitars...... i get carried away.....