Well I'm saving for new gear. I believe the X3 by itself is a great unit and the only thing I'd miss is the expresion pedal.. but I wonder.. if I bought a separate expresion pedal, then is there any way to use it with the POD? That'd save me like $200 that the X3 live currently costs..

Also, is there a better unit than the POD X3? I'd mostly use it to record at home since I'm not in a band yet (but it wouldnt hurt to have something that could be used live). So do you think I should go for the X3 or something else?

Thanks.
Get a used X3 Live. Since you're planning on playing in a band, the floor unit will be the better way to go.
First of all, the pod x3 live is $500. The pod x3 is $400. The L6 expression pedal is like, $60. Might as well get the Pod X3 Live.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Quote by NosralTserrof
First of all, the pod x3 live is $500. The pod x3 is $400. The L6 expression pedal is like, $60. Might as well get the Pod X3 Live.

But a generic expression pedal is like 20 bucks, I cant use one of those?

I'd just buy the live one but I dont know much about it. Is sound and recording quality just as good as the X3? I mean is it basically the same stuff but prepared to be used live?
Quote by haceteunosmates
But a generic expression pedal is like 20 bucks, I cant use one of those?

I'd just buy the live one but I dont know much about it. Is sound and recording quality just as good as the X3? I mean is it basically the same stuff but prepared to be used live?

The small prices difference really isn't worth cheaping out on an expression pedal. You'll want to have the ability to change patches and turn stomp, effects, delays, comp, gate, etc. on/off by foot.
Quote by Guitarmiester
The small prices difference really isn't worth cheaping out on an expression pedal. You'll want to have the ability to change patches and turn stomp, effects, delays, comp, gate, etc. on/off by foot.

I hear ya. So what about the sound/recording quality? Are they the same?
They have the same amp, cab, mic, and effects, and processing power. Sound quality will be exactly the same.