What's the difference between the 2 coatings mencioned on the title?

I'm going to buy elixir and i wanna know which one is the best
Love the Guitar
Gear:
- Ibanez SZR520
- Peavey Vypyr 30w
- Alhambra 2C Classical Guitar
- Tortex .88mm/Jazz III 1.38mm
- Elixir Nanoweb Strings (.009)
I believe one is thicker, but I'm not sure which. One is also a dollar cheaper, but again, not sure which. I could be totally wrong though, I used them for electric once before realizing that they're an expensive waste of time and last just as long and sound exactly the same as ernie balls. On acoustic or bass, however, they're a Godsend.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I suggest asking a knowledgable salesperson, I think elixir is coated (?), but not sure.
Yes they're coated with nanoweb or polyweb I'm trying to see which one I buy
Love the Guitar
Gear:
- Ibanez SZR520
- Peavey Vypyr 30w
- Alhambra 2C Classical Guitar
- Tortex .88mm/Jazz III 1.38mm
- Elixir Nanoweb Strings (.009)
Nanoweb has a thinner coating and brighter tone than polyweb. I've found that the coating tends to fray pretty quickly though, so they're not really as long lasting.
I tried both and I prefer the nanowebs over the polywebs. Try them both and see for yourself?
Peavey 3120
Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Cabinet
Jackson RR5
Jackson DKMG
LTD EC-1000
TC Electronic Polytune
BOSS RV-5
BOSS DD-7
MXR 10-band EQ
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby
BOSS NS-2
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+
I've used both, if you're gonna get Elixirs, get the Nanowebs.
Guitars:
Ibanez S5470 w/ DiMarzio Crunch Lab & Liquifire
Ibanez RG1527
Ibanez SA160
Ibanez E-Acoustic
Selfmade Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Twang King & Chopper T

"Maybe one day we'll wake up and this will all just be a dream"
The Nanoweb coating is much thinner and feels more natural.

The Polyweb coating is thicker. I don't like it as much.
Quote by Cyberbob
Nanoweb has a thinner coating and brighter tone than polyweb. I've found that the coating tends to fray pretty quickly though, so they're not really as long lasting.

Yeah the Polyweb coating is crap, it will come off more quicker then the Nanoweb. I still don't know why people would use the Polyweb at all.
Quote by Cyberbob

Yep. The OP could have figured this out on his own if he had bothered to go to the elixer website.
I like the feel of them but never liked the tone. The harmonics are weak and pinches don't work as well. They are also expensive.