Don't those two kind of discourage that sound? Look into Laney amps, they're pretty good. Good enough for Paul Gilbert too. :]
Peavey 6505. Not sure if they're playing that amp in the vid, but it gives a tone exactly like this.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
well they use Mesa/Boogie Trip rec's live ... so i would say one of those would get you that tone
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
Umm my thoughts are if you don't kno wut amp can make that noise you shouldn't be buyingg a triple rec or a 6505...jusss sayin
Quote by BrokenDstring
Just smear poo all over everything he owns. Trade him for a fake les paul. Turtle his backpack. Bang his friends.

THIS IS WHAT THE PIT IS. RETARDED THREADS. ALL DAY, EVERY GOD DAMN DAY.
When going to try amps, what should you be looking for? Like...let's say I go to the triple rectifier, and it has the distortion I like. How do I know another amp won't give the same sound, plus more? So many options.
you just basically have to try as many amps as you can. once you get more clued-up on specs etc. you can start to make educated guesses at to what certain amps might sound like, but there's still no real substitute for trying the thing.

i couldn't get the vid to work, youtube must be acting up.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
you just basically have to buy as many amps as you can. once you get more clued-up on specs etc. you can start to make educated guesses at to what certain amps might sound like, but there's still no real substitute for trying the thing.

i couldn't get the vid to work, youtube must be acting up.

Dave gives good advice. I follow'd it to great success.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
I was under the impression that they used Framus amps at some point, but don't quote me on that.
Quote by AcousticMirror
Dave gives good advice. I follow'd it to great success.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by kakos
well they use Mesa/Boogie Trip rec's live ... so i would say one of those would get you that tone

They use Mesa CABS he used the head for a couple of show and then switched. The only reason you see the heads in the holy diver vod is because he had to kepp his sponsor.
Quote by BrokenDstring
Just smear poo all over everything he owns. Trade him for a fake les paul. Turtle his backpack. Bang his friends.

I would say peavey tube amp (valveking,triumph, and 5150/6505) you can't go wrong.
Quote by BrokenDstring

+1 to what Dave said. he knows what he's talking about

also. KSE has been using Splawns live for all their lead tones.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era

and yeah, kse uses a large amount of different amps, as far as i'm aware. the advantage is that any decent high gain tube amp will get you in the ballpark, the disadvantage is you need to not want to nail it 100% or it'll get mega-expensive pretty quickly.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?