I'm honestly thinking of moving there, to see how i do, Try to meet some cool people, get my musicial career a "kickstart" and just because it seems like a pretty cool place and im sick of the town i live in becuase all the kids around here try to act gangsta and act like there from nyc, it gets annoying. So what are the pros and cons to living here.

and dont say homosexuals for cons, you get em everywhere, and i really dont care about them, they dont bother me

thanks guys, peace
Gonna make the mountains be my home....

"A box of rain will ease the pain and love will see you through"-Robert Hunter
Quote by MightyAl
Pros: homosexuals
cons: anal lube shortages

wtf man

Pros:
-Nice city

Cons:
-$500,000 for a small 1-2 bedroom house
-Earthquakes (not positive if the tremors hit SF)
-Economy is going downhill, you'll be in debt for the rest of your life unless you're a millionaire.
Quote by Ignite

Once I got out of a pool and it was like 1cm.

Quote by Meths
I think there are few people with a less important opinion on women than you.
Quote by meta1militia
Pros:
-Nice city

Cons:
-Economy is going downhill, you'll be in debt for the rest of your life unless you're a millionaire.

This. That's it. The rest of those cons are bull. I should know, I've lived in the Bay my whole life.
San Francisco is a diverse city, lots of different cultures. It's also got tons of hipsters (doesn't bother me so much, but a major con for many folks).

Housing is expensive. But the economy really isn't bad here. In fact, if you're in the tech/Internet industry it's actually pretty good.

You didn't mention what music you play. There's a small local psych/garage scene going on, and there also seems to be a BIG metal scene here and a lot of old-school punk bands as well. A friend of mine described SF as having a lot of "micro-scenes."
Quote by halo43
This. That's it. The rest of those cons are bull. I should know, I've lived in the Bay my whole life.

Your parents probably helped you out somewhat. How much do you make a year? The economy is pretty bad. A lot of people will never be able to afford getting their own house unless someone helps them out...
Quote by Ignite

Once I got out of a pool and it was like 1cm.

Quote by Meths
I think there are few people with a less important opinion on women than you.
I live in the bay and go to San Francisco on occasion, it's an... interesting place. It's the ghettos that stop me from wanting to move there myself.
.....Doesn't have a signature.

Quote by meta1militia
Your parents probably helped you out somewhat. How much do you make a year? The economy is pretty bad. A lot of people will never be able to afford getting their own house unless someone helps them out...

Until 3 years ago, yes, they did help because I lived in their house. Now it's quite a different financial story, hence why I moved to the middle of nowhere.

The economy really isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Go without the stupid luxuries you have, and you'll be fine. Keep a house, guitar, car, chair, food, bed, maybe tv and internet. The rest of your possessions suck your money like a cheap prostitute or ex-wife.

Having said that, if you're completely independent, you stand no chance keeping a residence in the City. It's too expensive.

And as for earthquakes: People freak out too much. California is pretty used to earthquakes by now, and despite their unpredictability, there's really not a whole lot to worry about.
You can't afford San Francisco.

Move to Humboldt if you want cool hippie towns.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by drumwolf
San Francisco is a diverse city, lots of different cultures. It's also got tons of hipsters (doesn't bother me so much, but a major con for many folks).

Housing is expensive. But the economy really isn't bad here. In fact, if you're in the tech/Internet industry it's actually pretty good.

You didn't mention what music you play. There's a small local psych/garage scene going on, and there also seems to be a BIG metal scene here and a lot of old-school punk bands as well. A friend of mine described SF as having a lot of "micro-scenes."

im tryin to start a psych/jam band man, and hipsters dont bother me at all, actually ive been reading into them and they seem liek really cool people to me

Move to the Ventura County area it's less expensive and you can still get a "Kick Start"
Quote by Amy_Lee

That made me laugh and then choke on my own phlegm.

Check my shit out
Quote by meta1militia
Pros:
-Nice city

Cons:

your an idiot
Quote by stratdud39
you're an idiot

Fixed .

My mother lives in san Francisco, and i have been there a good few times, and i have nothing to complain about the place. The weather is usually mild, and if you are craving some sun, the desert, is like a 45 minute drive away.
Frisco is a really cool and chill city. i have relatives there.

avoid the Tenderloin. its the middle of the city. if ur into drugs or what have you thats cool, but i pray that you are not into drugs in the sense that people in the Tenderloin are. imagine a small zoo in the middle of the city, in the day it might be tolerable, but at night its just crazy. people lighting up crack pipes in the middle of the street, yelling, stealing, etc. I like to think the FBI headquarters right by the Tenderloin experiment on the residents of the Tenderloin. ill put it that way.

as the saying in Frisco goes "I've been trying to leave the bay for 20 years, i just came here for a visit." Something about it makes it a hard place to leave. Its kind of "magical" in a sense.

Seattle is really cool too, if u can stand the rain. But there's nothing more beautiful than a northwest summer. it is indeed a hidden gem of the northwest.